This is the second time I,ve said it

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von Racer, 13. August 2018.

1. Racer

Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    There's a problem with the accidents. When people have an accident and get off the track they penalize you in advance. I said it a while ago and nobody does anything. The only thing they told me was to send evidence. I notice the detail I communicate and tell me that I send evidence. They still don't do anything, I think it's amazing. Since when they penalize in reality to overtake someone who has had a touch or to avoid having to lift the foot and salts with better acceleration. It's a very serious flaw and it's all the same here. You will see. Apart from the multitude of problems it gives the game for a while.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    It is not clear to me what you mean by that. So I have to agree, please provide screenshots or a video of what is happening, otherwise we can't know what you're talking about.

3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I can explain, (I think) just yesterday I rounded a curve only to be side swiped by someone returning to the track, only a tap but enough to spin me off track. I was given a drive through penalty, not one part of what evolved was my fault, yet I'm penalised. o_O Surely if my foot is off the throttle and on the brake there is no chance I'm gaining anything and the spinning in circles part just backs that up. I get that the inside part of a track at a hairpin is a no no but the outside? whoever left the track on the outside of a hairpin and improved their time?
    Would it not be possible to penalise drivers via their mean lap time. The track is already split into 3 sectors, slice it up a bit more and make it 12, then if all 4 wheels leave the track in any of these sectors and you cut your time in said sector then BOOM your nicked?
    Two wrongs most definitely didn't make a right in the above example, fancy the penalty system is my biggest bug bear at the moment, gets a tad frustrating to say the least.
    Just thought of another example, at Silverstone recently, on exiting the last chicane I acquired oversteer and pirouetted, leaving the track and coming to a standstill, yep, got myself a drive through. o_Oo_O

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    So this is about cut-track penalties? With the system as it is right now you shouldn't get a penalty until you get back on the track surface, so I'm still a bit confused by what you guys describe. You wouldn't happen to have a video or a screenshot of what happened where and when exactly you got the penalty?
    The cut-track system already checks a variety of variables, f.e. your velocity and the angle at which you re-enter the track surface, and it also checks throttle and brake inputs. So you're either experiencing some very unfortunate chains of events that result in the "perfect" set of variables to trigger a cut-track event even though you're spinning out of control, or sth's not quite right. In the latter case however we would still need to see what was going on and where.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 14. August 2018
  5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well don't rely on me to go digging around, I can't remember where I left the dogs this morning, so to expect me to find a few seconds out of a lot of video's is a request too far, plus I'm far to old to be bothered, only entered this convo to try help explain, don't go dragging me into this.
    WTCR is out tomorrow and I've still not finished beating to death the GT1's, so it's down to Racer on this one, I have far more important things to be doing. I'll just quietly back away muttering that I'm not sure the penalty systems logarithms are infallible.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Destin65

Destin65 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I can add something to this. There seems to be some tracks that are much more forgiving than other tracks. Some tracks, like Hockenheim, are downright zero-tolerance when leaving the track for any reason. It's gotten to where I almost hate to race at Hockenheim anymore, lol. Whether it's multiplayer, single player or just by myself in a practice session.

At the Hock I've spun myself off, hit a barrier, come to complete stop, have to change gears to get back into 1st and get moving again, get on track surface to be awarded a cut track penalty, lap time voided, invalid lap on stats. I've been knocked off track by both human and AI, go spinning off, hit a barrier, gather it up and get back going and get a cut penalty, lap time voided, invalid lap on stats. And that hairpin at Hockenheim is brutal with it's judgement, I can hear my tires still on the curbing (and feel it in FFB if using controller instead of wheel) and get a cut penalty, lap time voided, invalid lap, etc.

Meanwhile, over at Slovakia ring, there's so much generous run-off room that I almost feel ashamed to race there, lol. I'm not familiar with all the turn names and such, but there's that one slow-to-medium speed, long right-hand turn that's kind of banked that feeds into a very short straight with hairpin... many times going into that right-hander having gotten my car unstable going through the kink/dogleg just prior... that I've accidentally run-off to the inside of the turn and cut 100-200 meters of distance off the turn... NO PENALTY. Nothing. I don't get it. I've also tried going through that section flat-out throttle only to run wide to outside and mow 100-200 meters of lawn before eventually getting back on the track and NO PENALTY.

I don't know why Slovakiaring is so generous with it's justice system on cutting while The Hock is absolutely zero-tolerance to the point that 1 blade of grass moving in the wrong direction results in severe sanctions.

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The rule of thumb is that you only get a penalty when you actually gain time while leaving the track. Screenshots or a video would be useful if you come across a situation where it doesn't work like that.

8. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    You should be getting a penalty once you re-enter the track (the white lines, usually).. Are you getting them before that?