Thrustmaster 458 Italia pedal calibration error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ibruno26, Apr 12, 2020.

1. ibruno26

ibruno26 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone

So I have a Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia(non-FFB) wheel, and I'm having a huge issue, that affects the gameplay too. I know it's cheap and crappy, but no money for new.
    The wheel works perfectly, the problem starts with the pedals. I played around for hours with deadzone and sensitivity, and it didn't get better.
    So the problem: it feels like if I had a huge upper deadzone. The game gets 100% input from both pedals when they are pressed about 25%(so I can't make small brake and throttle movements). I checked the raw inputs, it works fine, so maybe something is messy in-game.
    I tried some software to change the calibration settings but none of them seemed to work for me.
    Thanks for your help, have a nice day

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    what software did you use ? also what are your ingame settings for the pedals

Andi

3. ibruno26

ibruno26 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tried Thrustmaster calibration software, Windows built-in control panel and DXTweak2, none of them made any change, they showed good functionality, I tried changing stuff, but it was the same in game.
    In that moment I have 0 lower and 100 upper deadzone(tried modifying them, it got even worse) and 50 sensitivity for both pedals. I tried different sensitivity settings too, but there wasn't any change

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    try downloading diview , and make sure you get full travel across the pedals
    just google diview
    Andi

5. ibruno26

ibruno26 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Downloaded it, it shows there is just a little bit of deadzone(at the very end of the pedals full travel, about 5%), i tried playing with calibration and saturation settings, but its still useless in-game :(

6. ibruno26

ibruno26 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Made a screenshot of it, Z axis are the pedals(they are on same axis, so its in the middle if you press none of them), you can see if I press the pedal about 50%, in-game it shows 100%. I tried a lot of settings, from 10 to 100% on everything and its the same

Attached Files:

7. MikeCurran33

MikeCurran33 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi there. Did this get sorted? I have similar problem :(

8. ibruno26

ibruno26 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey
    Sadly no, I tried reinstalling everything, and nothing seemed to help. Guess I should buy a better wheel, but I'm on a tight budget...

9. MikeCurran33

MikeCurran33 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have Thrustmaster TX base, Open wheel and T3PA Pro pedals and have the same problem. The brakes lock instantly and throttle is like a switch. Have tried everything to fix!