Thrustmaster T300RS Wheel and T-LCM Pedals

Dieses Thema im Forum "Hardware" wurde erstellt von bsmorgan, 9. April 2020.

1. bsmorgan

bsmorgan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All the pieces didn't arrive at the same time (I also have a TH8A shifter) so I started with the T300RS and the two pedals that came with it. I was able to drive this setup for a day or so but when the T-LCM pedals arrived, I replaced the two pedal set, using the same RJ12 connector (I did update the T300RS firmware).

I can't get RaceRoom to recognize the clutch which is a minor problem. The brake pedal doesn't stop the car as well as the original two pedal set even though the Thrustmaster calibration shows full travel (0-100%).

How do I get RaceRoom to recalibrate? Does it support this combination of controls?

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Go into control settings and re assign your throttle brake and clutch

3. bsmorgan

bsmorgan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to do that but it is not clear to me how. Next to the throttle and the brake are "trashcan" icons but they don't do anything. I'd like to start over from scratch but I can't seem to figure out how to do that either. Probably something stupid on my part but I would appreciate some additional guidance. TIA.

4. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Go to: Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet.

Delete the .rcs files in that folder, start Raceroom and you're back to default.

5. bsmorgan

bsmorgan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Curiouser and curiouser... That directory is empty but D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet\Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel.rcs has a newer date than the rest of the .rcs files in that directory.

Is there, by chance, an document to describe the entries in the .rcs file? For example, the string of 4 numbers in:

Control - Accelerate="(1, 12, 0, 5)"
    Control - Brake="(1, 4, 0, 1)"
    Control - Clutch In="(0, 89, 0, 0)"

Should I copy the file in steamapps to my Documents folder and change "ReadOnly="1" ?

6. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried connecting the pedals direct using usb?

7. bsmorgan

bsmorgan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Not yet but it's on my list to try.

8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Try it, at least then you will know if they are recognised on their own.

9. bsmorgan

bsmorgan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The pedals are recognized as a separate device. I get device found without a profile. I click on Options, give it a name, it asks if I want to configure it, I say yes, and then I'm lost. I've tried all the templates but none of them seems to be useful.

I get things like DISCONNECTED for Steering, Accelerator, Brake, Clutch, etc. or I get what looks like keyboard assignments which can be deleted, but I haven't figured out how to assign the physical pedals to their appropriate functions.

The closest I've come to a useable configuration is just accepting the default T300RS profile with the T-LCM pedals connected to it via the RJ12 connector. Since this is a "default" configuration, I think it's marked read only so I can't change it. Should I copy that configuration into where my local configurations are stored, do something like rename it, and then go from there?

In my original post, I mentioned that the brake wasn't working very well but there was an update today (via Steam) and now the brake of the T-LCM pedals seems to work better.

10. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Usually you just double click on the appropriate assignment and then press the pedal to assign it.

You don't need to be doing anything with the files. As soon as you change a default profile a new user profile is automatically created.

11. bsmorgan

bsmorgan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Why didn't I think of that!

I copied the default .rcs file for the Thrustmaster T300RS, changed its name and the readonly value and then I was able to "double click" on the accelerator, brake, and clutch. This changed them to id:2 and I was able to (attempt to) drive.

I probably should read a manual or something but at least now I'm out on the track. Not sure I'm ready to tackle using the TH8A shifter but when I am, I believe I'll be able to configure it.

I think I read somewhere that I shouldn't use a USB hub but it would be more convenient if I could. Any opinions on this (I guess I should do some forum searching)?

12. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Hubs are fine.
    Or rather, I've never had a problem running with them.

13. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I seem to remember there were some issues in the past but I cannot recall the context.

14. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Possibly. I mean, if possible avoid hubs, if for no other reason than to cut down on variables.
    But with all the peripherals I have for both flight- and race-sims, that's an exercise in futility.

What I can say is that currently I have 2 Logitech, 2 Thrustmaster and 1 Fanatec device all hooked up on the same hub.
    Doesn't seem to be any problems.
    Aside from a racing-sim occasionally wanting to use my rudder-pedals. :D

15. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I've used hubs in the past with no issues. Always choose a powered hub, and if possible plug your primary controllers so that would be wheel and pedals directly into the PC.