Problem Update - all settings gone

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by cedricvermeiren, Aug 9, 2021.

1. cedricvermeiren

cedricvermeiren New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

this is very frustrating. Everytime there is a minor update or something Rr forgets all of my setting, from controller setting to videosettings and car settings. This is very, very frustrating.

anyone who has a solution?
    I always boot up from steam, in admin mode…

cedric

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You shouldn't boot up Steam in admin mode, it's not necessary. How does your folder Documents\My Games\SimBin look like?

3. cedricvermeiren

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, @majuh

Thanks for the quick reply. A while ago I copied a file for my settings, I pasted the file in the folder ControlSet, this one showed up again. But I don't think thats the way I should do it everytime

it looks like this:
    upload_2021-8-9_12-25-30.png upload_2021-8-9_12-25-57.png

4. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    This is a bit weird, those files should not be restored to default after an update.

Is it possible you are using OneDrive and have it synced? If so, you might want to stop syncing for the raceroom directory. This way it should not get restored from the contents on the cloud, but your local files

5. cedricvermeiren

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No I don’t use OneDrive. I have a NAS sytem but that’s only used for my Lightroom/Photoshop.
    I looked up the blue arrow things, the files are compressed to save disk space, could that be the issue? thanks in advance

cedric

6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    These folders are also compressed for me, that shouldn't be a problem. The folder itself looks ok, maybe it would be best if you made a copy of it in a different place, so if the settings disappear again, you could compare the two folders to see what actually happened to the files. Like I already said, I would always start Steam with normal user rights instead of admin mode.

• Like Like x 1