Bug URGENT massive leaderboadcheat

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Thomas Bienert, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Thomas Bienert

Thomas Bienert Esports / Events Beta tester

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,
    I wanted you to inform about a critical bug. We recognized today that you can save a setup in a session of your decision with only 1L fuel. Then you go back to leaderboards and load the setup. The fuel is still locked but now on 1L. As there is no fuel usage you will drive the car always on lowest possible fuel. You can see this at Monza FR2 both leaderboards P1 and P2 times are driven with 1L. It's not on the possible maximum. These times would have been possible with more then 1L. But you can go for 1:30.x without a doubt.

Greets

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    And now everyone knows what to do..:p

3. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering if this is coincidence that i have exactly same amount of fuel that is in my setup for race :p So that would mean i can find around 1 sec :)

4. Thomas Bienert

Thomas Bienert Esports / Events Beta tester

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yepp so let's head back to competition and everyone has now the same opportunity.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @PataBinat
    Devs have been informed and will no doubt look into this, chances are that the bug will be resolved in a future update and the leaderboards wiped.
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention, as a tester it wasn't something I personally was aware of being able to do (can't vouch for my fellow testers) but, I'll make sure to incorporate this into all future testing.
    Thanks again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    @Ronin_GTDave @PataBinat Can confirm, that it indeed works that way. Or I became an alien in last few hours (actually i tried identical setup with more fuel - as expected, couln't keep up with ghost car).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I think there are two ways to go, default setups, and a default amount fuel or open setups with a default fuel load.

8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I guess the last option should be the way to go...