Question Various rookie questions

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by sherpa25, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    That was your mistake. ;) No work is allowed to be performed on the car when serving a drive-through, so if you stop and change tyres then it's treated like a normal pit stop and not serving the penalty. To serve the drive-through you need to just drive through the pits without stopping.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I see, thanks! That was annoying :)

Should I still create a separate preset for this? Or if not, for what other instances are suggested to make presets? Thanks.

3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    You don't need a preset for drive-throughs, no. You literally just drive through the pits, don't change anything, and it's served.

You could have a few presets to do different things. For example, one will obviously be your main pit stop, taking fuel and tyres as necessary. You could have another to perhaps add less fuel or only change two tyres instead of four, in case you decide to change strategy mid-race. Other than that, you could have one that just repairs damage and nothing else. Finally, you could have one that just adds a few litres of fuel (ie, a splash-and-dash) for those occasions when you miscalculate the fuel required for race distance by a lap or two... ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
  5. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    just Drive through the pits and exit
    -->Yes

• Like Like x 1
  6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Worked just fine for me. I've done exactly that twice in the last three weeks.

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I just tried it ingame. Under certain circumstances, you are right.

You still need to confirm serving the penalty though when not having manual pit controls enabled, or when you need to serve a stop-and-go penalty and you have a preset with activated actions. So I would still recommend confirming the "Serve penalty" action.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Are you perhaps using AI in pitlane where as others aren't?

9. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I had a related issue. I didn't have the chance to calculate right amount of fuel for the race and learned during race that I lacked 4 liters (per Otterhud), so I wanted to add few liters later in the race. Before entering pits, I opened Pit Menu and adjusted quantity of fuel to add around 4-5 Li. During pit stop, it didn't add them. There was no other button option to press, not even the 'Confirm'. Kindly clarify, how is this scenario managed.
    1. Can't I fuel randomly, and just increase fuel to add?
    2. Are pitstops only based on presets? Quite unintuitive though, if everyone has to create preset of many scenarios since no one knows how much fuel would be needed to be added. Or am I overthinking it, since the system charges the same amount of time in pits regardless of amount of fuel to add? Thanks.

10. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +397 / 0 / -0
    1. You can. 2. They arent, i for example have never used a preset to make a pitstop :D
    When you adjusted the fuel to 4-5 litres, did you press a button so the background of that field turned green? If you didnt thats what you did wrong, otherwise i dont really know either

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    This has to be it. I've made numerous splash-and-dash stops over the years without a preset, and it's worked every time. You just have to remember to make sure the option is green before you get to your pit box.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I hope we get a rework of how the pit menu works one day to make it a bit more intuitive. If we were able to assign a button to a particular preset it would be a start. Eg one button press for a splash and dash. Crew chief can apparently automate the pit menu but I haven't tried it myself.

13. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Ok, got it, no wonder it doesn't turn green, I need to press another button.... I'll try it out on my next chance. Thanks!
    :)
    Update: Is it the 'Pit Menu Select'? I just tried a very short SP race, activated Pit Menu, adjusted fuel, but pressing the 'Pit Menu Select' button doesn't make fuel turn green. --> Fine now!

While at it, is there an effect on a driver's reputation/ranking if he leaves the Race (ex. DNF)?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020