Vote for an Offline Mode on R3E

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gorgoms, Nov 20, 2015.

1. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    If they want me to continue purchase new cars and tracks, they should make some movement to the offline racing.
    Its not fair not to be able to play the game i paid and paid well, anytime i like.
    So YES its a must!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Manolete

Manolete Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    1+ OFFLINE

3. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it should be allowed

4. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
  5. SMZ

SMZ New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Offline Mode YES!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
  7. joyster

joyster New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    - ∞

;)

Andi

9. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    It doesnt have to be full offline.Just replace the always online with frequent checks.I.e. lets say once a week connect with Sector3 servers and check gamefiles and databases.If any breaches are found warn the user and reapply the original files.Just my 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. _Stu_

_Stu_ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Offline definitely!

11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

1 breach is enough to turn all that content of that user on that day into a free game ... it happened to iracing ... and that wasnt as connected to the net , each screen is a web page , you log into your content , you dl certain files (i think its this way ) that makes it playable ..; so 1 breach and you go tits up ......;

ok its a pain in the ass but you knew it when you bought it ; you knew it was an online game ....;
    the recent problem was a server going on the blink , ok it took a weekend to track it down but it was done ....

if you believe the world is that safe , i suggest leaving your car keys in the ignition .. when you leave it ..; given half a chance someone will steal it and the easier you make it the more people are capable of doing so ...

sorry but i totally understand why the game is built this way at present ; maybe they will find away to make it or apart of it offline but at present this is the way it is and endless posts dont make sense at all ; it belittles our intelligence if we cant see beyond the reasoning to protect this asset ...

Andi

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    I can see the logic behind your post and to same extent I agree.But most of the community wants an offline mode,so for S3S or(Raceroom AG) it just doesnt make sense not to consider the consumer needs.Have a very nice day.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Most of the sim racing is not like this, except raceroom and i racing, you want to talk about numbers of sales?
    I agree you have to protect your asset, but lets talk about the buyers who make this an asset.
    Lets say what if i don't have to pay my provider and i choose not to pay for a month, or i live in an area that Internet comes and goes when bad weather is happening, then i cant play the game that i paid 100 euros?
    Sometimes you have to think those that make this game an asset.
    I love the game, i paid for it and i want to enjoy it anytime i want, is that bad? Maybe it is, but its fair.
    Sorry but that is my point of view.
    Keep racing as long you are connected :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  14. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Whats the point of paying 100 Euros in this game that is always online where the developers could not guarantee that the server will stay up? Or my connection screws up then get kicked out of an offline race? Or I can only play other games, other than r3E when I have no internet conecttion? Majority of the games in the market doesnt rely on always online that offers very little to most people. This whole 503 issue is exactly the reason why I prefer not to spend more money in this game.

Getting locked out of the game is one thing from server issues or connection problems but losing the access to the whole game is a major concern if S3 gone bust in the future in an unfortunate event. Kunos, SMS, ISI or Reiza could go bankrupt tomorrow and I still have access to the content I bought but for R3E, I'll lose the entire game if S3 gone burst because the server is shut down. Not mention with all the inconvenience that ranges from server issues from S3 end or my own connection issues that is preventing me from playing, why should a player invest more in this game when other games in the market doesnt have any requirement in insisting players to have persistent connection to their servers?

More importantly, with higher price tag for content, why am I paying more to suffer the inconvenience because you want to protect your assets when other racing games didnt have any issues with. Dirt Rally, AC, rFactor 2 had already being pirated since day 1 with patches being uploaded quite frequently. pcars DLC leaks out way before release each month or Kunos releases their DLC with no DRM at all. Yet none of the developers made it seemed like a huge issue. Piracy is unavoidable while the best way to remedy it is by providing a better service than the pirates instead of imposing draconian, inconvenient and largely useless features like R3E is doing right now.

You can always lock your car but that doesnt stop anyone from stealing it as there are many cases that cars are stolen despite locked and secured. It is a poor analogy to begin with.

You can always try to protect your game with draconian measures but at the expense of players satisfactions which at the end, is it actually worth it?

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    There's a very useful forum function called "ignore". It is my (and could be your) personal idiocy blocker and it works a charm. I'm a happier person since I applied it to a handful of members and spare myself from their constructive criticism - or as I call it: I'll scream and bang until I get my ways feedback - being repeated like a broken record.

And most importantly it gives people the opportunity to spare themselves from having to read my disrespectful and arrogant drivel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    As a little Off-Topic note... as I read all off those posts I wonder a bit that the Trend off gaming will be Streaming. Analysts stated that we won't have big PC's and Consoles at home in a not to distant future... everything will be streamed online to a less powerful box at home.

And as another hint: a lot of modern games might be not always online, but need an online-login when starting. Same situation here - if the servers down or Company doesn't exist - no more gaming...

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Agree. While it might take longer than expected, streaming games will be the future trend as it provides the developers/publishers total control over their content. Once neccessary broadband capacities are widely available it's just a matter of time.

This whole discussion is a bit pointless to me, there are many older games who's developer doesn't exist anymore, yet you can still use them, off- and online, all the old SimBin or THQ titles f.e.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. MezzerliptikJay

MezzerliptikJay New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would love to see an offline mode because when the severs go down i get a 503 and my race or championship is over then have to wait an hour sometimes just to connect to a singleplayer server again, so yeah im all for offline mode

19. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I was very fortunate to be embroiled in a savage fight with Forza 6 during that awful weekend when the servers were down, so I missed all that grief. If I had tried to race in RR for DAYS, I would have become very cranky.

Something has to change. Offline mode, backup link to Steam, something. By the way, it's been cracked for a while now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. YANNLEBLANC

YANNLEBLANC Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    NO! why?

What a pleasure [​IMG] to retrieve Raceroom in a good shape! after that you played others titles that waited... or garden task or whatever.. during the servers are down! :sweatsmile::laughing: :p