Bug VR Graphics have been reduced

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Mike S, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    A few weeks ago we had much improved VR graphics. However, in the last week with the Oculus, Windows Update and RaceRoom update we've gone back to the state of graphics that we had previously (which wasn't great).

I and a few other folks are running GTX1080's with driver 382.53. With all settings on low/off, and track/car detail to medium and mirrors on low we can't hold 45FPS without the AWS kicking in.

Can development take a quick look to see if the latest build somehow broke the VR improvements?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Just a quick update. I find with the latest Windows update that the new "game mode" actual hinders performance in VR. Basically, what appears to be happening is that it is prioritizing the game over the oculus server and therefore causing some stuttering and performance issues with AWS.

However, the general graphical improvements that were mentioned in my original post still remain. Hopefully, this is being looked at.

3. Mike S

Mike S Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
  4. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Yes originally I was running 1.6 and since the new scale I have it upped to 2.7. For me 2.5 to 2.7 is where the visual gains stopped. I tried fooling with it all the way to 4.5 but I didn't notice a difference. Sometimes R3E looks great in VR sometimes not. I still can't stop racing it though!

Eagerly awaiting VR improvements.