Watching the ewtcc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GregoryLeo, Jul 16, 2017.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Last Saturday, I was enjoying some morning game time. Because I work in construction and we start at 7am, I'm an early riser (5:30ish). After an hour or so I shut off raceroom and decided to annoy myself with the stupidity of Facebook. And wouldn't you know there was a post about racerooms esports live a that moment. So I caught the last 10 minutes of the last race at spa. Which had a very intense battle going on at that moment.

It was one of the most entertaining battles I'd seen in quite a while. and it got me searching YouTube to see the whole race, and more previous races. I am now an avid fan. The competition is tight. It would seem pretty much anyone has a chance of getting on the podium. Being as nobody is having a perfect race all the time. The commentators are lively and entertaining (even if they seem to curse most of the drivers they are complimenting:tonguewink:). And they make an effort to catch the whole field at some point in the race. As well as battles throughout the whole field. And not just following the leaders.

I only wish that they had the ability to replay things they missed. Because there is so much happening sometimes they just can't track it all.

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks all the folks who are putting this very entertaining series together.
    Keep them coming. It's a nice way to relax when I'm too tired to race myself. :yum:

• Like Like x 4
  2. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I've watched all of them too, despite hating Touring cars with a passion. :D
    Combine some very fast drivers with top-notch production values and entertaining commentary, and it's impossible not to watch.

One thing that would be very nice is if we could have the replay-file uploaded afterwards.
    The TV coverage is very good, but there have been several times where I've thought "What happened to him?".
    Having the ability to go into a replay and find out would be great.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps a little bit OT, but I want to pick up the point of 'no replays'. Not only for the eSport streams it would be great to have a kind of 'real time replay' within the live stream. I watch a lot of league racing streams and one of the most used phrases of the commentators is something like "...what happened there? We can only guess... sorry, but we've got no replay available." A replay function for streams would be really great!

As for the topic, yes the eSport streams/videos are awesome! A great format with excellent commentators and drivers. I've seen all the races, too!