We need a new DTM game on PS4!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RStylesGeleen, Jul 10, 2016.

?

Do we want a new DTM game on Playstation 4?!

1. Yes, definitely

45.2%
  2. No, never

54.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RStylesGeleen

RStylesGeleen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello gamers and race fans

First of all Im from Holland (Netherlands) so maybe my english is not perfect, sorry for that..

But Im waiting now for a very very very long time to see a new DTM game on PS4. I saw the RaceRoom DTM Experience videos on Youtube and it looks just amazing and I just wish that game would come to PS4.The last DTM game was on PS2 so thats a long time ago sadly. As we all know now on PS4 there a lot of new racing games like Project Cars wich is in my opinion the best so far but we have also Driveclub, The Crew, Need for Speed etc etc and of course each year a new F1 wich is great because Im a big F1 fan, there are also a lot coming like Assetto Corsa, the new F1, Rise, of course Gran Turismo Sport and Project Cars 2, but there a lot of new Rally games like Dirt Rally, Loeb Rally and of course WRC.. So why are there so many Rally games and not even 1 new DTM game, not that I think the Rally games suck because I fully completed all the Rally games but DTM in my opnion is not less populair than Rally, every time when I watch a highlight video on the DTM Youtube channel I always see reactions from people all over the world and every time I watch a race live there are a lot of people and its almost every time sold out (40.000 to almost 100.000 people). I also contacted Codemasters and even Slightly Mad (Project Cars) if there any plan to bring out a new DTM game, but Slightly Mad never answered me and Codemasters told me there are not any plans (yet) to bring out a DTM game and at the moment they do not have the right for it, Sector 3 RaceRoom does have so I also contacted them wich they answered me that its an very great idea to bring out DTM Experience on PS4 but that they havent made the decision yet, so maybe they are actually thinking about it wich is great news for DTM fans worldwide

So is there anyone else who's waiting on a new DTM game please let me know or reply on this topic, we have to show them that we want that game so bad and even if its not working, we tried it

So thanks already and to all the DTM fans, keep racing, keep playing and keep watching races!!

PSN: RStylesGeleen

2. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Bringing R3E to the consoles would require an engine update since they do not support DX9. This would be a good thing all around anyways so here's hoping they get around to it and if so, hell release it on the consoles. Supposedly the game plays just fine with a controller and I'm sure the extra dough console sales would bring in would be welcome.

Don't really see the need for a new DTM game per se if that was to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RStylesGeleen

RStylesGeleen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sadly, I just never gamed on PC, for me its only Playstation and I really loved the DTM games back in the days, than I saw never a new DTM game coming and I figured out that there is actually a very good DTM game now on PC wich is great, but I would never game on PC, I just enjoy watching the videos on Youtube its really great and I hope that they do the same thing as Assetto Corsa to bring it out on PS4. For me, and Im sure for much more people, DTM on PS4 is a instant buy

4. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully it'll come to the consoles one day so you can enjoy it too then, it's a fun game. Project CARS and Assetto Corsa are showing there's a market for sims on the consoles so no doubt someone somewhere in the hierarchy of S3 is pondering porting the game, it could probably more then cover the cost for the engine overhaul and that's getting more and more needed anyway with the disadvantages of sticking to a DX9 platform. The DTM experience(s) are top notch so you'll no doubt enjoy them if they ever come to the PS4.

5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Let's see what will happen in future. Sector3-Studios is searching for Developers with Cross-Plattform-knowledge. That must not mean anything for RaceRoom or DTM Racing Experience, but hints that there are plans to at least have a look on Developing a game that can be released on Consoles and PC if possible.
    But to lower any expectations - a release for a game like that would be in the far distant future.

6. RStylesGeleen

RStylesGeleen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thats pretty positive news thank you! I guess its just wait and see what happends in the future, does anyone know how many (active) players there are on DTM Experience?

7. RStylesGeleen

RStylesGeleen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Do you know how many (active) players there are on DTM Experience? Is it big or little dissapointing? The Youtube videos though got a lot of reactions

8. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Don't really do MP outside of clubracing so I wouldn't know, but the time attack competitions always have a healthy number of players so I'd wager it's rather popular.

9. RStylesGeleen

RStylesGeleen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok. Yea another person told me that DTM Experience has a bit lower players than Assetto Corsa and Project Cars but that there more than enough players are racing DTM

10. BMW4Ever

BMW4Ever New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    DTM on PS4 would be sick!!

11. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    The more the merrier, anything good for sector 3 that keeps us getting more improvements, features, and content I'm all for.

12. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Not sure how that all works.
    Would there have to be separate (pc vs console) multiplayer servers?

I don't see any advantage with pc (like in fps games) of using a steering wheel on pc vs consoles.
    I would think the only difference would be the graphics settings.

13. RStylesGeleen

RStylesGeleen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Shouldn't be that hard though, lots of games that came first on PC came after a lots of succes for PS4, next month its Assetto Corsa so the possibilities are there but yea its a little risk.. And the graphics I think would be more realistic on console of we look at for example Project Cars.. That game looks just fenomenal, DTM on PS4 is the only game Im missing so far.. Sadly

14. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    AC's console version is created by an entire additional team in parallel with the PC development team. I don't expect most people to understand, but porting a game is an absolutely enormous undertaking. It is neither easy nor quick and without any additional people it would drastically take away development resources from the PC side.

Graphical fidelity on PC depends greatly on your setup. With my PC, for example, games look significantly better than they do on current consoles because I can utilize high anti-aliasing settings that most console games avoid. Someone with an even better machine can drastically push the limits of graphics even further, while a console's hardware simply gets older the longer it lives for. One of the main advantages of a gaming PC is having the ability to replace pieces over time to improve performance instead of needing another entire unit. This is not intended to start a fight over console vs. pc by any means, just very much worth noting that you will always have higher potential on a PC because of the nature of their upgradability and modularity which allows them to always utilize the most recent hardware.

15. RStylesGeleen

RStylesGeleen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good point, sadly I never gamed on PC, really never, and because I love PS4 gaming so much I dont honestly think I will ever game on PC, I dont know why maybe because I grew up with the PS1 and never switched or even tried to play on PC. But when I see the DTM videos on Youtube of the PC version I think sh*t, maybe only for DTM I would play PC haha but now its too late, its expensive, you need to have the room for it and of course a brand new PC, I rather give that money out on PS4 games or maybe a playseat or something you know. Thats why I really hope Sector 3 or whoever will make a brand new DTM game on console. Im a really big fan of F1, DTM, GT3, LeMans, V8 Supercar, Rally etc and we all know F1 and Rally got their own fantastic games, GT3, Lemans etc we got in the fenomenal Project Cars and next month Assetto Corsa on console, Gran Turismo Sport will maybe do the same thing we'll see so the only thing Im missing right now is DTM.. With the cars these days on DTM, the graphics and sounds these days on console it would be a fenomenal game with also beautifull circuits

16. RStylesGeleen

RStylesGeleen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Voting is still on! Support DTM!!

17. RStylesGeleen

RStylesGeleen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Come on people! Support DTM! #DTMonPS4