Problem wheel rotation

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by mmmmbeer, Apr 14, 2017.

1. mmmmbeer

mmmmbeer Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi, the game keeps reseting my T300RS wheel rotation to 450 degrees in my thrustmaster control panel. The in game car rotation is set to 270 in vehicles settings but when I change it in the control panel to match what it is in the game it won't stay that way, just keeps going back to 450. Any ideas how I can get the game to stop changing it away from what I set it at?

2. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Wheel rotation in the vehicle settings is only the virtual wheel. you stil use automatic wheel rotation/lock.
    Can't imagine why some one would use 270c when he has a T300 and a game with automatic Wheel range / steering Lock.

Attached Files:

3. mmmmbeer

mmmmbeer Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Well its like this, I've been playing f1 2016 for months and 270 is perfect for that. I've just come back to raceroom, jumped into an f2 car and 450 felt all kinds of wrong. I spent several hours at it and got used to itn and I've no issue in other cars but would still like to know if I can change it in game?

4. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Each car in garage/steering has its own unique steering range and ratio so your f2 could be 270/ ? And wtcc 540/18 ? Each cars saves its own steering that you set

• Like Like x 1
  5. mmmmbeer

mmmmbeer Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I need to have a dig around in the menus then. I haven't set anything and haven't seen anywhere to change it, the game does it for me for each type of car which is fine really, more realistic I suppose, just nice to know if I can tweak it myself.

6. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    When you're in a track lobby, go in car settings, then steering settings.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. mmmmbeer

mmmmbeer Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Ok I'll have a look Damien thanks. I saw that photo earlier Peter but had no idea where that menu was!

9. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Damien ? Who is that anyway keep looking as Peter posted it's all there

10. mmmmbeer

mmmmbeer Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    ChatCureuil posted, says in game name "Damien Laurent". I presumed that was his real name.

11. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    You presumed right, only game where I entered my real name by default. :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Buell Maroc

Buell Maroc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    HI.
    I think there is a bug in last update.I have the same problem with my TX wheel

13. mmmmbeer

mmmmbeer Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    No bug for me, the settings are in the car settings as mentioned above, set the wheel rotation and the thrustmaster control panel will adjust automatically to match it.

14. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Different games have different ways to handle the max rotation lock. For example, in F1 2016 I have to set my T300 rotation lock manually to around 270 degrees, I mostly use the mode button and set it two blinks or you have to set it in the Thrustmaster settings. In R3E, rF2 and AMS (and I guess AC) the rotation lock is by default set as a per car setting based on the real life wheel rotation lock. If you want 270 degrees as fixed setting, you have to set that in game. I personally don't know if you can limit the maximum rotation lock in the Thrustmaster settings as a default setting because it's not an issue for me as I use mostly the per car based rotation lock.