Why always the same 2 circuits on multiplayer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Colonel Clink, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Colonel Clink

Colonel Clink New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

New here, love the game.

Question, why are all hosted multiplayer race servers always the same 2 tracks? Why am i not racing on Spa, Monza, Silverstone for example? Do you buy to play and host those circuits?

2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    You don't need to buy anything to host server, but Portimao and RaceRoom Raceway are free so obviously they're most popular.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Hop into the server you fancy and people shall follow, amazing how many people don't like entering an empty server, people won't always join, becomes practice if not but generally people join in.
    What amazes me is how many people would prefer to race a robot rather than flesh and blood, must be a control thing! :confused:

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Colonel Clink

Colonel Clink New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    arrr ok, makes sense. Shame, I suppose nothing is totally free. Think Croft is there too but bitch of a circuit.

5. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    It's more of a "I'd like a chance to win thing." with me. :)

But empty servers are more of a turn off. I hate practising. (Ducks to avoid rotten fruit!). It's not called PractiseRoom Practising Experience!

As for the 'nothing is free' comment, I believe that iRacing suffers because they almost HAVE to have a server available for all cars at all times (give or take an hour) because otherwise people have content that they can only use for practise. Most of the cars are 'minority' and races barely go official.
    R3E, with more reasonably priced content (and competent AI for offline fixes) will hopefully be able to avoid this when/if they have their multiplayer plans up and running.

Cautiously optimistic about the future of Sim Racing........

6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Not to sound like a broken record, but are you in North America, or even South America? Alot of time during our prime time Raceroom and Portimao are heavily trafficed, but during europe or asia primetime you'll see other tracks with bigger races, and just alot more folks playing online.

Also, Once you get away from those two tracks (by choice or necessity), the racecraft improves and the amount of a-holes decreases, so it's worth making a point to try and race on paid content tracks.

That said, i still enjoy a good race on raceroom raceway or Portimao plenty often, still good races happen in there.

7. Colonel Clink

Colonel Clink New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im in south America but I play very early morning and very late so Im sure to find other servers but dont.

I agree those servers are FULL of a-holes. 1st corner crash or mess up my quali which is a bit crap. If you quali top 6 you should be ok but further back you get taken out.

Finally pls anyone can send me a link to set up a server?

8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
  9. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    When I casually race,I will rarely enter a server that is in early practice,I want to do few qualy laps then race.A next session button is missing from mp,anyone knows if such a feature is included with the coming changes in mp?

10. Colonel Clink

Colonel Clink New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    totally!!!! if i see practice at 10 mins I dont bother but if the option to vote 'next session' was there would join. This exists in some race games. I too want to do 2 laps quali and race. Why waste time practice to just get taken out T1?

11. Colonel Clink

Colonel Clink New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wow, looks over complicated... should be easy. Create server, choose type of cars, laps etc and create. Thanks for the link anyway. When I have 3 hours will read it haha