Resolved Windows no longer recognizes my monitor

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Shenmue_X, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Very recently I've got multiples crashes after having quit a current session or end a race. These crashes caused the closure of my Windows session after 5 minutes of black screen. But my last crash is special. My main monitor (HDMI plugged) no longer receives any signal from my graphic card and Windows doesn't recognize my monitor. My secondary monitor (display port plugged) still works fine.

No crash dump has been generated.

Reboot my PC solved my issue.

Issue context:
    - After last update
    - Upgrading to RX 480

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  3. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I'm French. ;)
    My monitors are running their native resolution ( MAIN MONITOR: LG Flatron W2361V 1920x1080 (hdmi) | 2ND MONITOR Samsung LE15S51BP A (R) 1024x768 (DP plugged) )

My own theory is the GPU heating. The HDMI plug was very hot when I checked it and I don't think it's any good for the thermal conductivity. I know HDMI is not a recommended interface for PC neither. But I'm not convinced. Why would my GPU wait my R3E race exit to disconnect?

Yeah I've heard of too high consumption from the RX480 and I'm waiting the fix. One other potential issue with this GPU is that I could heard some very brief saturated motor engine sounds while playing R3E but nothing disturbing atm.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    :) Sorry mate, must have mixed you up with sb else then.
    Yes, what that article reported was that the RX 480 is drawing too much amperage. So when you say your 2nd monitor runs at a lower resolution than the one you experience those issues with, that could actually be the reason then. Have you tried using the first monitor but lowering the resolution?

I'd probably wait for the driver update they announced that is supposed to deal with this issue.

5. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    A couple nights ago, I had an issue whereby changing from 1920 to 5760 resolution, my monitors would go black....
    "No signal detected" message for all 3 monitors. System reboot was the only way I could get them to turn on.
    AMD graphics card running the most up to date drivers (configuration unchanged for awhile now).

A couple nights ago, I had uninstalled and re-installed project cars, hoping it would fix some of the bugs. After re-installing, I experienced even more bugs.

Oddly enough, once I uninstalled project cars, my monitors started working in 5760x1080 again.

6. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Since the couple of days I came back to Raceroom, I get the black screen every time I quit the game.
    But I found out that Actual Windows Manager was in conflict with Raceroom so my issue is solved.

• Informative Informative x 1