Bug Zhuhai track badly needs optimization around the start/finish line...

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by VFX Pro, Jan 14, 2023.

Tags:
  1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I'm running a Nvidia RTX 3090, at 5120x1440 at 8x antialiasing, and I drop 20fps in that area. Please remove some of the crowd, or the stands, etc... Running track details on high.

When running "track details" on Medium is fine, no FPS drop, but the GPU increases 20%.

There is something wrong....

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
  2. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't sound wrong to me.
    You're most likely CPU bound at that spot with track details at high. When you lower the track details, you get less CPU bound and the GPU can work harder.
    DXVK 2.0 could help. And/or a 5800X3D, or any of the other top of the line CPU's from AMD or Intel that are even more expensive.

But, if that's the only spot, ever, and you're not CPU bound even with lots of cars around you, then it may very well be something wrong with the track.

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Did you read his specs .........
    Cpu bound on a 5.3ghz core ....

Andi

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    all the chinese tracks have a hit in performance for some reason i guess theres some big tessellation in it off track the compared to some others or something, its weird, ningbo its lower sort of all over same with the other one

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you @bubblejohns, there is something common in the chinese tracks and magny-cours that create an FPS slow down. Perhaps, too many stands? Crowd? Trees?

Perhaps, a 3D object cloned many times but has too many polygons, or a cloned object with a super high-resolution texture map, and LOD setting that is incorrect, a crazy normal map, I can go on and on...