Are the new physics way too forgiving?

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von Tonbei, 3. April 2016.

1. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

We see the same thing, but we don't interpret the same way.
    And again, it's not something you don't/can't have in the game...
    As you seems to ignore the rest of my messages, I don't see the point of arguing anymore.

Edit:

Look at this:

Doesn't it drive the same as Chris ? Don't tell me the wheel "don't move" like in the Chris Harris vids.. it's exactly the same behavior.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 4. April 2016
  2. Tonbei

Tonbei Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Christian no need to get rude mate. Your so called vid proves nothing in regards to the R3E physics. Have you ever heard of braking points? You cannot break from 280 km/h in just 1-2 secs shifting down into 2nd gear under real life circumstances. I do that all the time in R3E it is very easy to do. So telling me I have no argument here is very questionable mate. Everybody is entitled to have his own opinion you have yours and I have mine. So peace my friend no need to fight it is just a game after all.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @Tonbei
    Those little "corrections" actually look more like the wheel reacting to bumps in the track surface. (Based on @Christian Göpfert video)

You can't use Chris Harris videos as a reference for several reasons. As @Christian Göpfert points out, he's not a professional race driver so he's never going to hit the same braking points or have the car control you'd expect to see and the other main reason, it's essentially a video review of a car that is being tested by McLaren, he'll have been told to take it easy and not to break it.
    I like Chris Harris' videos but they are far from definitive proof about a cars behavior.

@Karsten Borchers puts an ungodly amount of effort into finding reference materials for how the cars in R3E handle, how hard and soon they can brake, then there's the real world data provided by the teams themselves, not to mention real world drivers feedback, former champion Bruno Spengler for DTM, 2014 ADAC GT Masters Champion Kelvin Van Der Linde for the GTR3 and John Filippi
    for the WTCC.

Simcade, your talking Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport, R3E is most definitely a Sim.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. Tonbei

Tonbei Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    So Empty Box is one of your gurus? You are absolutely right no point of arguing anymore :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.013 / 0 / -0
    The downshift prevention feature suggests you don't do that at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Tonbei

Tonbei Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    It works because I can break and shift down into lower gears in no time. Just test it mate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    irl Porsche 911 GT3 RS 4.0 from 320 km/h to 0 - 6,5 sec
    I think you can break from 280 km/h to 2nd gear for 2 sec ;)

8. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Chris Harris.....
    English automotive journalist and automotive racing driver. - Harris would join Top Gear -
    Chris Harris' knowledge of cars, as well as his driving ability, is provided in part by his extensive racing career
    Harris won his first race in a Formula Palmer Audi in 2000
    24 Hours Nurburgring:
    2010 (4th) Porsche 911 GT3 RS 1
    2015 (DNF) Aston Martin Vantage GT121

I liked his interview with Norbert Singer about the Rothmans Porsche 962. Here
    just some info.

But yeah, he's not going 10/10ths in any of the cars he's reviewing. So, those videos are basically for fans.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    @Tonbei Why don't you just upload one of your videos, so we can see how you drive the car and better judge if it is that different from what we see on videos provided.

Regarding Chris Harris video, I didn't watch it whole, but from few turns inside the cockpit it seems to me rather like driving line corrections with some "vibrations" from bumps than oversteer/understeer corrections. The car itself seems pretty stable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    That exactly was what I was after. The original implication made was that real world data automatically would translate into real world-like physics. But the physics engine processing these data is what makes the difference.

This difference can be seen in the changes there are in RR'S recent physics change, and in AC's changes to its tyre model again - making AC in parts feel like a new driving with tyres v7 now. RR also got new - or additional? - input from KW Suspensions, they said.

11. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Damn, I stand corrected about Mr Harris not being a race driver. I'll stand by my comments about him being told to back off and not break the car though :p

12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, I know the guy. But he's "only" an ambitious amateur, especially when compared to Alzen.
    https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/chris-harris/
    https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/uwe-alzen/

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Ehe, Ok.
    When did I say that? I was the one suggesting to call your opinion (as in subjective notion) an argument (as in objective statement based on facts). You can have whatever opinion you like, but you shouldn't confuse opinion and facts. You know that just because you (or me) have an opinion doesn't automatically make that a fact, right?
    Do you have any proof that you can brake 280-0 in 1 or 2 seconds?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Konta-Robi

Konta-Robi Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like another slow driver blames the game not being realistic to have an excuse for being not that fast. I seen alot of real gt drivers playing this game and talk to them. Everybody especially Rene Rast said that real cars are easier to drive. This was 1,5 Years ago and now i think they more realistic than before. So if you think R3E is simcade real gt3 cars re also simcade. Another fact that this is realistic is that nearlly every real driver goes to simulator for first time is quiet as fast as aliens. So please play the game you like most but dont talk about realism you have no clue about it and every fact given to you you dont accept. So are all the real drivers right or are you? I go with the real drivers and let you live in your " i am the only one who knowes what right"-world alone.

Sorry if that is a littlebit harsh but my patient is over with guys cant argue and dont accept facts. It is like fundamentalist

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    My perception and opinion of this latest update is that we have now the best R3E that has ever been offered to us.
    To me, the feeling of driving is better than ever, the force feedback communicates better and the cars behave more like real cars. The driving is easier when not trying to brake world records and breaking world records is as challenging as ever.
    To those who seem to have more fun with cars that are hard to control I suggest to not drive GT3"s but rather find something that is trickier to master, they are out there.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I've never been able to scrub off that much speed in 1 or 2 seconds, I don't think it is possible in r3e the way there is downshift prevention.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0

Unless it comes from me right? :D

Have you tried hitting a wall? Usually gets me flat out to 0 in no time at all! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 6
  18. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I always wonder how virtual drivers have a strong know how a car should be like. I am a complete nitwit how a race car in real life should be driven or feels like, so i lean on the knowledge and the endless hours the {physics} designers put into a game.

For me it feels strange that someone can classify this game so easily without a real reference to real life. Every game is off course only a simplified translation of real-life physics because we don't have grid supercomputer power at home, but if i compare the video's on you tube i always feel that it's not that far off.

Christian video convinced me even more because it looked exactly like how i personally drive the same car on the Nordschleife. (but i miss inbreed talent :( so i need to work hard to do a 6.50 in GT3 :D.)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Tonbei

Tonbei Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Did you say something? :D

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  20. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I truly believe you are a fast driver and that your reactions are genuine because of that, but i don't understand why you don't use your talent to make a name for yourself. I always love to see the heroes of R3E battling in online MP or competitions, or even posting video's to show their skill. I learn from them, i imitate them, and still i fail, but that is Ok because i know there can be progress on the horizon.

Use your speed and knowledge in a positive way to blend in with the community end battle with the best here for the ultimate hero from RR.