News Dev Stream on Monday, 14.11.2016 | 8pm CET

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0

That is what I mean, clearly they won't compete against themselves for the same type of game.

I am wary of what the future holds, in some regards. I know they are still working on R3e, but at the current rate it will just fall behind even more. Something has to change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yep. Once you own a pack you can't buy it a second time, just like it is now.
    The stream made it pretty clear what the direction of RR will be in ther future, e-sports. As for the upcoming new title, Idk anything but I mentioned before that I think that'll go more into the direction of a "classic" racing-game, with a proper career mode and solid SP features. So they're not bound to be competing.
    Wouldn't you agree tho that after last nights stream that has been disproven? Clearly the game/sim/platform is moving ahead and there appears to be a clear-cut vision now as to where it should land.
    Me to. Still, there's ways I could imagine to recoup the RR early adopters. Whether that'll happen or not I don't know (guess nobody does atm).
    See above. I think it's fair to say it picked up pace again (or rather it will after the patch is out).
    I can't remember there being a single patch in the past that brought so many improvements in one go, most of them free of charge gameplay features.
    I agree it took too long, but I'm more convinced than ever that the changes will have been worth the wait. The AI improvements are excellent from my pov, all the new SP functions enable us to finally have proper races set-up (admittedly multiclass/AI selector still missing, but coming), plus a ton of fixes of things that had been mentioned in the past, also track-wise.
    EDIT: ATM I'm honestly most curious about how long Sonat's changelog entry will be. ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  3. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    If I'm not remembering completely wrong though this was not the case with the GT3 pack once it was updated?

4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Trying hard to find the "I honestly don't have a clue button"...
    Was that updated in the past, or do you mean that sb mentioned it will get updated?

5. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, business wise, it doesn't make sense until they explain it more. I get the new studio in England for talent pool etc... but that is going to be a large cost. We can guess at what they are trying to do, I have an idea, but it is still to early to know, we can only extrapolate. If r3e is now going iracing like and Sim bin will work on a sim game that makes no sense either, to me. The two games have to be very different or its not going to work. If they are different that makes sense, but it still leaves the issue that R3e is very behind in features and resources for working on things that SHOULD be in the game. The only way it would sort of work is if Sim bin will be working a lot on stuff for R3e bc S3 can't seem to, and the new Sim bin game arcade like.

I mean every stream there were visions....look where we are now, where we were etc... The pace at which features are added is slow, I see no reason to see any sort of change in that until it actually happens consistently. As I said, something has to change for r3e. So, I don't agree on that point.

We will see... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I could do with that button as well. IF my memory serves me it was updated to include the Bentley GT3 and that once said update happened I could re-buy the pack to essentially top myself off with the Bentley.

7. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    If I understood correctly, you will be able to buy that Premium pack again just to fill up missing content that was realeased later? If this will work that way, you'll be able to get new stuff for realy low price - there is 84% discount shown on stream, so you could buy new pack/track, that would normally cost 500vRP, for 70vRP

8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Why couldn't both benefit from each other tho? RR from tech dev at SB and game xy from content production etc at S3?
    I struggle to see why you say it can't work, even if the games ain't totally different. Imagine the next genre-defining (SP) game published to consoles (and PC) and an e-sports platform on PC only. SB could still sell millions of copies on the consoles while the e-sports thing, if done right, could cater the hardcore sim-enthusiasts. Don't see why those two things have to exclude each other from co-existence.
    That rings a very distant bell, but could just be my tinnitus acting up. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  9. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Hope you're right Rad. :)

10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Must be tinnitus.
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/gtr-3-car-pack.5502/
    The Bentley was in there from the get go it seems. I think the pack was delayed to wait for the Bentley...

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Well that clears that up at least. :)

12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Ya, I really don't think it will be possible to buy the same pack twice, tho I certainly wouldn't mind being wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    One pack that for sure was updated, was European Track Pack. And you could rebuy it for new tracks added to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Way to be bodacious, Rad!

15. CCKaren

CCKaren Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yep, this is how I ended up getting Spa and Nordschleife for dirt cheap.

On the subject of packs, something I think would work nicely as a compromise on this if the premium pack is actually a 1-time thing. A yearly pack, so at the end of the year there's a pack put on sale that's everything released in that year. Which for this year would be the Nordschleife, Audi R18, Formula RaceRoom Jr, Taatus F4, GTOs, GT Masters 2015 and WTCC 2015.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    True, you're right. But I'm not sure whether that'll be the case in the future...

17. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Fancy "Couple" was lost in translation! :rolleyes:

18. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    ...yeah, i updated the EuropeTracks 2 times i believe, everything else wouldn't make much sense. So if you buy a premium-pack now and f.e. 6 months later with more tracks/cars released, you update your premium-pack with the rest € to have full content again. That was my understanding of this 'New Packs' and like said, everything else wouldn't make much sense.

19. Timo Heyden

Timo Heyden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I hope that in this patch today there are some bugfixes:
    - "ghost car" in multiplayer session
    - I'm alone in the starter field
    - first 20 seconds of the race aren't in the replay
    - etc.
    when this was patched, than new content is nice to have.

20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not trying to be saucy here, but I don't think that's how it's supposed to work. The Euro track pack was a one time thing afaik. Look at it more like a one-time-discount voucher, you use it, it's gone. So use it wisely. (Now that *was* saucy actually, so I appologize :p )
    There will be certain mp fixes, yes. IIrc this issue has been worked on, but don't shoot me if the fix isn't in the patch.

• Agree Agree x 1