FFB Update Discussion Thread (June 2021)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Thomas Jansen, Jun 23, 2021.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    That may well be the case with Mid Ohio. Not all tracks are as up to date as would be ideal. That doesn't mean they won't be updated in the future though. All the tracks which were brought up to 2020 standards last year for example should have the correct textures in the correct place.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Gordie

Gordie Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I'm really enjoying the new FFB but I'm curious if anyone can feel a variation in kerb feel when the tyre's are fully loaded or not. Perhaps it's not calculated or it's there but just super subtle. I can't feel much difference anyway but would be good to understand what should be expected or not.

Similar for braking, doesn't seem to be much locking feel and kerb intensity doesn't increase under braking. Again, perhaps there shouldn't be or it's a subtle effect. I can feel the back end of the Cup car squirm under heavy braking which is super cool.

I've now edited this as there's plenty turn in brake feel on GT cars.

Aside from those points I'm loving it, huge difference, Porsche Cup is absolutely superb. Bring on the 992 guys, I'm ready ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  3. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Is there a list available of all the updated tracks?

4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    As i found out today,there is a new DIVER +FIRMWARE for the TX and TS-PC. Package TTRS 2/2021.
    I updated it and the new FFB feel......ohhhh:D
    Thrustmaster users should have a look @ the tech-support website!
    Edit: Now i feel the road bumps,great!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  5. stlutz

stlutz Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Actually, I notice more kerb feel when the tires are unloaded vs. when they are fully loaded.

6. Mad_0ne

Mad_0ne New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Habe ein G920 ist nun völlig nutzlos, tiefe Geschwindigkeit geht durch die Decke Hohe geschwindigkeit und ausbrechen des autos kein feedback, sehr schlechtes update Please reset the old settings This are useless!!!!!!!!!!!

7. *****

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Just to correct myself: I find it a bit too direct on my DD1 with every of these values set to "off" or "0", but with INT on 2 or 3 it's perfect with a less grainy, little softer and rubber like feel. I still love it, especially that different cars feel much more different now.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mid Night

Mid Night Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I have a Logitech G27.
    Does somebody have a hint or tip for me how to feel curbs/kerbs again?

Before the update I could really feel the rumble when driving over them. But after the update it's pretty numb.

Thanks in advance!

9. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Nope. G27 here too. I have Linearity at 0 and have the Bump turned up to 30 and it has only gotten a little bit better. I have seen some Logitech users that say that they have Bump at 40 or higher to try to get some curb feel. The lack of feedback from curbs and no collision effects at all seem to be the main downside of the FFB changes. I like the changes for the most part but find it really lacking in these two areas.

10. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Old trusty T500rs user here, I didn't like the new FFB at all, but I updated my TM Drivers, deleted the 'simbin' folder in 'my documents,UNINSTALLED Raceroom, re-installed, set up a new wheel profile and now I love it :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  11. sloppshaa

sloppshaa Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    not sure if we're allowed to post this in here so delete if not, but i finally got round to summarising my thoughts in a video.
    honestly can't wait to play raceroom this weekend when i have some time.....hopefully all the other sims (barring AC, though that game is dead anyway) throw away their force feedback, and follow raceroom. One can hope...........

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yeh, I have the bump turned up to 50% with my G29, even tried 60% but it felt a little too much.

13. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone get collision FFB? it's the only thing missing for me, and despite tweaking the settings, I can't feel any contact/ collision ffb at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No. Collision effect was removed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    That's unfortunate, they need to find a way to put it back

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Can I ask you to share the FFB settings? I have the same steering wheel, but mixed feelings about the new FFB.

17. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Dang
    To be honest that is the only canned effect I miss

18. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It was causing problems on several wheels so unfortunately it was best to get rid of it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ajopp1

ajopp1 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    AC is dead? :D Don't know if you're being serious but it's the most sold and played sim.

20. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    You made a very interesting point at the end there, that you are glad we went in the direction of giving you the feeling you would feel through your body in a real racing car instead of just the steering rack forces. The reason that this is interesting, is that we have actually only done the latter, the FFB is 100% realistic steering rack forces and nothing more than that. Absolutely zero tinkering or tweaking has gone into getting certain information into the wheel artificially. This is also why you notice that there isn't such a pronounced (very fake) understeer effect such as in AC or the old FFB, as it's simply giving you the information you would feel in the real car with that specific steering geometry and tires. While not everyone may agree that purely realistic FFB is the way to go, I think we've shown that it really can give you the information you need when implemented properly.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1