Problem Cars dancing all over the track

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by taonindo, Oct 16, 2021.

1. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have tried racing in MP almost daily. Usually I just kinda hang back at the start so Im not effected trying to keep up. Being that im not fast it is where I end up any way before I had this problem. I think I can swap cables.... I will try that and post here if it helps. Thank you for your time and effort.

Gotta love a Firebird, great car.

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    It also depends on gameplay and netcode. For Raceroom I think 180 is still kinda acceptable.

3. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Not sure it is related but I rarely get a lap time, qualifying or during a race. I would think in 3 laps with 1 incident I would get a time recorded. It does give a time over all for the race. Never had these problems before I took a 4 month break. Ill never do that again lol

4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Does it show "Lap invalidated" in some weird places when you weren't off-track? If I remember correctly, one guy had this issue and it was due to bad connection.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  5. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No, I havent noticed any questionable "lap invalidated". In fact it seems to be quite accurate. Although after running qualifying session, the track feels slick during the race. That may be my imagination (pushing harder faster). Do you think it would help if I ran a server pc and connect through it ? Or would that be worse?

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Then what do you mean by that?
    ----
    That should be imagination. I doubt track conditions ever change in this game.

I honestly don't understand what's that for and what problem you want to fix this way.

7. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    sorry my spelling is not great, it seems as long as I have 2 wheels on the track I dont get an incident point. In qualifying I got 3 laps 2 of which were clean with no incident points.Yet I did not get a time recorded for a better starting position. As for connecting through a server I am just grasping at straws, I got all this stuff here that I dont know what it is or does and..... I think I best do more research, I will figure it out. Thanks.

8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Was it single player or multiplayer? Does timer work, whether it's on the game HUD or on a Motec display? Does the game report your lap time when you cross the start-finish line?

9. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    multiplayer is when i have all my problems. In the weekly competitions I get a time and the other cars act normal. The HUD has a timer that is running during a lap but it is never recorded/reported in the HUD or garage. It seems to be the same in MP practice, qualifying, or racing.

10. Flybarless

Flybarless Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Your problem is not surprising if you try to play on servers in Europe. Technically, this simply won't work well with racing games. You can do whatever you want. Limit yourself to servers from your region/continent, that's why they exist.

11. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have restricted my play to servers with 2 digit ping which has helped alot , perhaps the timing issue is not related since it is the same no matter what M.P. lobby/room I play in.

12. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    This is very strange...