Are yours the same as mine?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LianJieYiQie, Jun 28, 2023.

1. LianJieYiQie

LianJieYiQie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    This is an old question, although I have asked it before, I have not received an exact answer. So today I want to ask again so that I don't have to spend any more time on this.
    I am using the moza R9 and R16. For each car I have selected, the default steering lock is 13, Only the number 13, as shown in the figure below, and its steering ratio is clearly unrealistic.
    So I have two guesses:
    1. Developers specifically set the default steering lock to 13 for all vehicles, so that players can adjust it according to their own taste.
    2. Developers actually have real data on the steering lock of each car, but my device and game cannot access it.
    1 or 2?
    If it's 1, I don't need to spend any more time searching for something, just adjust the steering lock according to my own taste.
    If it is 2, (in fact, I hope it is 2), I hope this problem can be solved quickly, and I will look forward to it very much.
    20230628194745_1.jpg

2. Karol Mały

Karol Mały Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I have different default steering angle & lock per car.
    Angle is usually 400-540 for GT cars.
    Lock is usually 15-25.
    I'm using simagic mini base.

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    It's 2, and I'm pretty sure it's because "spring based range lock" is enabled for your wheels. This feature has this bug that default steering lock becomes 13 for all cars.

There is no easy fix for that other than not using that feature and switching "vendorSpecificRangeLock" for your wheel in Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General\steering_wheels.xml to "true". So Moza users basically have two options: 1) automatically adjustable steering angle, but then you need to adjust steering lock manually; 2) steering lock is realistic for all cars, but you need to adjust steering angle manually in Moza pithouse each time.

And I'm not sure it will be fixed. Alex Hodgkinson only said that I wasn't supposed to compare wheel settings for different manufacturers, but said nothing about the steering lock bug.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
  4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
  5. LianJieYiQie

LianJieYiQie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I know you have always understood my meaning and are looking for a solution. Thank you very much.The previously mentioned "false & true" has become meaningless because since the release of R5, all default configurations have been "false"
    But in that thread, only Andi finally understood what I meant. He said it was a bug and it would take him a few days to test, but after that, there was no further news.
    Moza recently announced deep collaboration with multiple games and released R12 BASE and KS wheel. But this bug still exists. I sent an email to the MOZARACING official, but the person who received the email couldn't understand my question. The person who could understand the problem couldn't see my email.
    I have also talked to players who use moza device. But they don't quite understand either. They often think I'm talking about auto rotation and say that "Moza has already supported it".
    I have become less confident. Is what I say true and is what I do useful? Because I like SIM, I want to play raceroom happily, which is why I do these annoying things. I want to get a clear answer so that I can help those around me who use moza device.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LianJieYiQie

LianJieYiQie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Of course I have read those posts, but I am not very receptive. Let me give an interesting example, some people can wear both tops and pants. But I can't wear pants when wearing tops, and I can't wear tops when wearing pants. I want to wear both, but I am told not to compare with others. This is part of the story, haha.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LianJieYiQie

LianJieYiQie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, I always thought simagic had this problem too

8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I think you are correct and you're asking the right questions.

Maybe it's because all this steering angles stuff isn't the easiest to grasp, because we're talking about at least 4 different angles (angle of the front wheels, angle of the on-screen wheel, max rotation of the car steering wheel (the one you see on the car setup page), angle of your physical steering wheel). On top of that, these angles don't have single standardized names, and many people and even some sims use them incorrectly. It's such a mess... I guess we need a schematic to show people what is what. :D

9. Karol Mały

Karol Mały Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    This topic has useful info for moza users.
    Consider changing title to something more informative (for people to be able to find it in future).
    Like "Problems with default steering angle and lock for Moza"

• Like Like x 1
  10. LianJieYiQie

LianJieYiQie New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    [ Unconsciously wrote a lot of words ]
    The purpose of this thread is to help MOZA users, but the content inside is not very useful to them.
    If it's a topic like 'auto-rotation' that guides users on how to implement this feature, then it's useful. But unfortunately, the essence of this thread is not that. The user cannot find any useful information from this thread.
    My purpose is twofold. One is to publish this thread so that developers know about the existence of this issue and believe that it is a problem that should be solved (if they reply that they want to solve it). Secondly, I will try my best to contact MOZA officials and let them know the existence of this issue. In this way, the probability of this problem being solved reaches its maximum.
    If it cannot be resolved in the end, I can only accept this fate. If it is finally solved, then this problem is like it has never existed before and no one needs to search for it.
    I posted a thread before, which may have been due to inaccurate wording, resulting in not getting the desired answer, I only received an annoying response saying 'adjust it according to your own taste'. Yes, I will adjust it according to my own taste, but I need a benchmark value, which is the correct number that I am currently unable to obtain. This game simulates reality, and I don't want my taste to deviate too far from reality.
    So I said at the end of that thread that I hope they can provide the steering angle and steering lock data of all vehicles, for example, make a spreadsheet and publish it in the forum, so that all our players can view and search by ourselves. I think this is such a great idea, and I haven't received any response in that thread. Perhaps they think it's confidential or it's difficult to do, or they don't want to do it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1