Problem PXN V12 DD profile

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by steve.michael, Sep 24, 2023.

1. steve.michael

steve.michael New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone. I recently purchased the PXN V12 lite Direct Drive wheel. The wheel works and user input is ok, however RRE does not provide any force feedback.

There is no control profile for it. I have to select keyboard profile or G920 profile (previous wheel). I use the V12 with other Sims like ACC and AMS2 without any issues.

Does anyone know a fix to get a DD controller profile working?

My setup is AMD RYZEN 5. RTX 3060. 16 GB RAM.

Thanks.

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    If it's a problem similar to Moza wheels then, as a workaround, bind a key for "Reset FFB" in Settings > Controls > Key bindings and see if it brings FFB back. If it does, you need to add your wheel's section to Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General\steering_wheels.xml. If you open it with any text editor you'll see each wheel is identified by a deviceID and has a bunch of parameters. You can find deviceID in the .rcs file of your control profile in Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet. The line in steering_wheels.xml that will fix the issue is this: alwaysCreateEffects should be "true".

Or you can attach your .rcs file here and I'll do it for you.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2023
  3. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Well, attach your .rcs file here anyway, it can help the devs to add the wheel to the game.

4. steve.michael

steve.michael New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your detailed response. Ok will attach the file later on when I log into the rig.

I did try the reset FFB but did not work. Will try again tonight as well.

5. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Oh. That doesn't sound good. But let's try anyway.

Was any other control device connected while you were using V12?

P.S. Do ACC and AMS2 require any PXN/wheel software to run in the background? Do you also have PXN pedals?

6. steve.michael

steve.michael New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I use separate load cell pedals. They plug in by usb separate. They were plugged in as well. They work fine by the way (the Pedals).

7. steve.michael

steve.michael New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've had a look and cannot find the .RCS file. I only see G920 and keyboard profiles.

8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Send the one where you bind your wheel.

9. steve.michael

steve.michael New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh ok I see... Will do later tonight. Thanks

10. steve.michael

steve.michael New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    here is the file you requested. hope it helps. I'm at a loss so far

Attached Files:

11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the problem is somewhere else, I'm afraid...

Attached Files:

12. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello @steve.michael

I have tried reaching out to our contact at PXN but got a mail delivery error.
    I know from our past exchanges that they were investigating why there's no FFB in RaceRoom, but haven't heard back so far.

Have you tried reaching out to their support?

• Like Like x 2
  13. steve.michael

steve.michael New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi. Thanks for taking a look and trying to help out. I will try contact them and see if they provide any support. Having the same issue with another SIM as well. RFactor2. Very odd as works fine with all the other main SIMS I've tried.

14. steve.michael

steve.michael New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I finally got it to work. I updated the wheel base firmware with latest version from PXN site. now FFB works fine. Heres the RCS file if it helps anyone or the devs with more easier out the box setup. Binded to keyboard 3 profile.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    That is great news - tried to find a new driver but somehow I only see empty cells in this table for the column "driver"
    https://www.e-pxn.com/support#driver

upload_2023-9-29_9-18-1.png

How did you manage to get a new firmware?

16. steve.michael

steve.michael New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  17. steve.michael

steve.michael New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So turns out I have new problems... The FFB works fine (although requires a lot of tunning).

I'm having a problem where the steering does not feel right in the game now. All cars feel like they constantly understeer.

I also no longer have the option to change the steering angle within the garage setup screen. The first option top right is completely greyed out. Does not let me adjust it per car. I have a feeling it may be to do with the lack of a wheel profile in the game.

Does anyone have any ideas? I've not had this issue with any other SIM. RF2 had FFB issues only which has been solved.

I've tried playing with steering sensitivity and it helps a lot by moving it to 75 or above.

Braking also feels off even with my CSL elite V2 pedals. Again I did not have any of this when I was using an actual wheel profile. I used to use a G29/ G920.

*****EDIT****
    After digging around online I seem to have found a workaround for this. If it helps anyone I'll post it here.

Seems Raceroom does not auto adjust the steering angle per car, due to no available profile for the PXN V12 wheel. That is why the steering is completely off and feels like terrible understeer.

My solution: I have to use the PXN app and manually adjust the steering angle to match each individual car I drive in raceroom. Really annoying but it's the only solution I've found. It fixes the steering issues and drives perfectly now. I changed the in-game steering sensitivity back to 50 as well.

So basically depending on whichever car you are driving, go into the garage / setup screen. Loon top right for the steering angle for that car. Then go into the PXN wheel app and adjust the steering angle to match the in-game steering angle for that car. Leave steering sensitivity in main raceroom menus at 50.

As for my braking issue. I think I've got that down ok for now too. I've adjusted brake sensitivity to 75 which seems to work well with my load cell setup.

I hope raceroom add an actual built in profile for the PXN V12 wheels. Would save a lot of hassle and make it easier to use.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
  18. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    This alone won't necessarily help. There are wheels that have default profiles and steering_wheels.xml data, but you still need to adjust steering angle manually.

In some cases, like with Moza for example, you have a choice: either steering angle is adjusted automatically but then you need to adjust steering lock in all cars because it will default to 13 degrees, or adjust steering angle manually but have the correct steering lock.

• Like Like x 1
  19. steve.michael

steve.michael New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No way!!! I've noticed actually now you mention it, that all the steering degrees are at 13. Did not think much of it. So are you saying they are not meant to be 13? Looks like I have the Moza problem too.

What a nightmare. I may just quit playing raceroom at this rate. Do you know the correct steering degrees for all the cars by any chance? Anywhere I can find them?

20. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Wish we had it, but no. :( Only some general guesses like GT3 and TCR have 16 degrees. Other cars have somewhat comparable steering ratio, so you look at steering angle, divide it by 34 and get a steering lock number that will be usable and not too far off. Then adjust it up or down depending on your preferences.

Personally I'm not bothered by that all that much since I adjust steering lock manually anyway to make steering a bit more sharp (I use 17 degrees in GT3s for example), but it would've been better not to have to guess the correct angle.

----
    Yeah, it looks like you're in the same situation as Moza users, but then it means you can try and adjust some stuff further. In steering_wheels.xml change vendorSpecificRangeLock for your wheel from "false" to "true", this will probably fix your steering lock issue and you'll see correct steering lock for all cars.

Alternatively, you can try to use spring-based steering range as described here: https://forum.kw-studios.com/index.php?threads/moza-racing-r9-base.18519/page-2#post-240674

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2023