Problem PXN V12 DD profile

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by steve.michael, Sep 24, 2023.

1. steve.michael

steve.michael New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    After couple of days being able to play the SIM now, it's all good. The steering lock is not a big issue really. It is set at 13 to start but once updated once, it does not default back.

And it's down to driving style, track and car dependent, as to which value you go with. So I'm happy to say I'm all good now. Can finally play the SIM and enjoy. Just have to remember to change the steering angle in the PXN app to match whichever car I'm driving! Annoying but it is what it is!

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    If you enable spring-based steering range, you won't need to change it in PXN software. Hopefully.

Anyway, I advise you to do either of what I suggested. Because right now it looks like you have the worst of both options: incorrect steering lock and not-adjusting steering range.

3. steve.michael

steve.michael New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Spring based steering??? That's a new one. How do I do that?

To be fair I'm no longer having any problems now. Steering angle has to be changed to match the car but not a big deal now I know it has to be done. Game plays and feels great now so I'm not too fussed anymore!

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    It's a feature to limit your steering range to what you set in the game, but unlike the usual one (like one that works for Thrustmaster wheels for example) it doesn't need to communicate with your wheel's software. It's called "spring-based" because it uses spring FFB effect (your wheel needs to support it). I posted a link two comments above.