Question New members of premium pack have everything and not the old one´s

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by pikomm, Nov 29, 2023.

1. pikomm

pikomm New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My question is very simple, why the new members have all the content with premium pack, and the people that buy the same pack long time ago don´t, we support the platform earlier than them but have less things for the same pack, it´s not fair that we need to continue spend money if my pack suposed to included everything the day that i bought.
    Unfair and unequal treatment for the same product.
    I bought it in 2019...

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Because its not the same product. The product "premium pack" changes every time new content comes to the game, its just the name that remains the same.
    And as you say that product simply includes all content thats available when you buy it, if you dont like that product or wanna wait because you think therell be a better product in the future (which is pretty much always gonna be the case) then you can just not buy it/wait. The only thing thatd be nice and has been requested a number of times is an option to "fill up" your content with everything youre missing, dont know if well ever get that tho

3. wilson_slc

wilson_slc New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also got a question about the premium pack, I purchased a few other DLCs but found the Premium pack was way better of a deal, is it possible to get a refund of some sort? I have not opened the game or anything yet and its still within 14 days

4. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Well, i have cars they are no longer available, thanks to my earlier support. So their are not only negativ things.
    And btw, is'nt it the same with million of products? The new cellphone has more power than the one i bought 2 years ago, for nearly the same price. My sons car has more options than mine, same model but mine is 2 years old now. It's your choice, spend money buy something and enjoy it, or keep your money, buy nothing and wait to the end of time for the next "better" deal.

5. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Don't quote me, but if i am not wrong, if you purchase the premium pack the price will be reduced for all the stuff you allready have. You only buy the missing content. I THINK...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I see how it feels bad, especially if you bought the pack several years ago and are missing quite a lot of later content. This is something that people regularly talk about. The game's monetization concept is also a bit unusual, which doesn't help either.

However, there are some things to consider.
    1) As Pierredietze mentioned above, it's not new that things get better with time. Or cheaper - think of buying a game at full price and later seeing it on sale.
    2) The game is constantly being worked on. Not only they add new content, which they sell, they also bring new or updated features and improve existing content - you get it for free. For developers, this requires a steady flow of revenue. Online services like competitions, ranked races, events, championships, also require money to keep it running and supported.

While the current pricing model might not be perfect and it definitely has its downsides in general (the pyramid of discounts can be confusing), there are factors that make it have some sense.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
  7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    That's exactly how it works, you can quote me on that :D

All packs work like that. The content you already own gets excluded from the price, adjusted for the pack's initial discount.

An example. If a whole pack costs 1000 vRP at 50% discount, it means all content in it costs 2000 vRP. If you already own one car and some liveries in it and they (car and liveries) cost 400 vRP, then the pack's price will be reduced by these 400 vRP minus 50% initial discount, that is 200 vRP, so you will only pay 1000 - 200 = 800 vRP for the pack.

Although now the discount on the pack will be shown as 60% (800 / 2000 = 40%) so in order to see the initial discount (if you're curious what it is) you need to open the game store in a browser without logging into the store.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023