Problem another "game not loading" issue

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Barracuda318, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    tried to open raceroom, and got a popup notice telling me I need to use a gamepad?!?!
    I only use a wheel, never a gamepad, when I cleared the popup I was on the steam home page and Raceroom never opened, yes my wheel was connected, turned on, and in PC mode
    I have never encountered this issue before, trying to force me to use a gamepad instead of a wheel is a bad omen for a racing sim, heck I refuse to use a gamepad on arcade racers even

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    It doesnt force you anything, just informs that gamepad offers best experience. Click ok and play as usual

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    This is what happens in Steam when the game has a flag "better played on a gamepad". It looks a bit strange for a sim in the first place (but that's just lack of proper wording in Steam), and it's also extremely weird that closing the pop-up stops the game from running (but that's Steam's fault, no the devs').

4. Barracuda318

Barracuda318 Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    steam issue makes sense, didn't look right for a notice from Raceroom
    telling me I needed to use a gamepad really pissed me off
    you are required to agree that using a gamepad offers the best experience before the game will launch
    even if a gamepad doesn't offer the best experience, and you do not agree that it does
    glad this was a steam issue, I don't mind being pissed off at steam,
    being angry at Raceroom sucked