Roadmap 2024?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by reneaun, Mar 29, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I get you and I'm sure I covered these points in my previous comments.

Regarding performance I need to add that not everyone has issues with it, I would even guess that most players are fine with how it runs. VR, extremely high pixel count monitor setups, and very old/very low-end CPUs are basically three scenarios where single-thread limitations are critical. For everything else (i.e. for how the vast majority of people play games) it's enough.

For example, today I found out that my 8 years old i7 can run 99 AI on Nords VLN with time progression. FPS are in the range of 50-60 when there's a lot of cars visible on screen (including race start) and more (up to 80-90+) when there are less cars visible, no stutter or freezes or anything. To me that's definitely good enough performance.

2. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    That’s fair but you know we exchanged in the past and I am a big fan of VR in Simracing

maybe it’s a selfish comment as I can afford high end hardware so I would like the games I play to take advantage of it
    I think KW should be conscious that I am not an isolated case though so having access to a better Game engine although a more demanding one could open up more customer sales potential

maybe I am using my personal business leader thoughts here but I really hope JF and the team is cooking something new and appealing to a wider audience

@J-F Chardon
    Bonjour jean François
    J espère que vous ne méprenez pas mon propos, j aime le jeu pour ce qu il offre aujourd’hui mais j espère seulement que vous et vos développeurs puissent le faire évoluer dans le contexte actuel plus moderne du Simracing
    Merci d avance

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  3. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree!

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. reneaun

reneaun New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I've never understood why the aesthetics would be the most important thing in a racing sim as some seem to think?

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Who says that's the most important thing? It's one point among others. And I've already written that RR has a lot to offer, tracks, cars, physics, sound and more.
    But when it comes to graphics, the day/night cycle and the weather, RR lags behind its competitors. There is also no animation for shifting gears with paddle shifters. This may not be important, but it reflects the limitations of the engine. These are features that are now standard and some people don't want to do without them.
    RR will always remain at the lower end of popular simulations as long as nothing changes here. And it doesn't matter that current users don't need it. Others take it for granted, look at the free content and may leave again. Not many new permanent users will be found this way.
    I don't want to talk RR down at all. It has been my goto sim with almost 1,200 hrs for many years and I have invested almost €400. I'm just explaining my thoughts and reasons why I don't play RR at the moment and what imo needs to change for things to pick up again.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Can not agree more

7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    And the Devs here tell me,the bad performance must be my system,i can assure you it's not.And that is the reason i do not invest in RR anymore,not a Cent.The game was running superb,best, great before the FFB update,with every update it is running worse.Depending on car/track combo ( and i repeat myself Nordschleife Gesamtstrecke) FPS 50 at start.I can play ACC and have 60 FPS,i can play RF2 60 FPS.No smooth gameplay from the start anymore.And Otterhud is not useable anymore cause it contributes to the bad performance.Once all was fine....ONCE....

8. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    can i get a link to that?

9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Look in my posting history - all after the" BIG FFB UPDATE".
    I posted these problems a thousand time with system specs bla,bl,bla nothing helpful and i'm tired to repeat myself.
    My time is short and i bought everything from Raceroom till then.
    Andi,Maskerade all knew that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    @Dady Cairo I also had big stuttering with low fps, I tried everything in graphic settings but nothing helped. Reinstalled graphics driver with ddu, no effect.
    Only when I made a fresh windows install it went to normal.
    But lastly, I get a jerky picture, especially when I'm cornering and the background is moving past. But fps strangely remain stable at +80.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm this.
    Waisted time and money.
    As i said,done everything to solve the problems and i'm not a stupid 08/15 computer newbie.It's useless.
    Never got a helpful answere so it's up to the Devs,I feel like I'm being taken for a ride:confused::mad::confused:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    This is supposed to be a thread about what the future might be like for RR, not for complaining about current performance.
    There are approximately 1 quintillion threads about this already. I'm surprised this hasn't been shut down yet...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Yes shut down everthing for better,i'm feed up with this Dinosaur in any way.
    Closed

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Truth is that they probably have no idea what the next 12 months will be like. Income must be uncertain, and you can't really plan much under those circumstances.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Your previous posts in this thread haven't contributed very much to this topic either.
    ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.