Vote for an Offline Mode on R3E

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gorgoms, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Kostadin Kostadinov

Kostadin Kostadinov Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0 / -0
    I love it too. In a way this thread can be interpreted as "We want to play the sim that we love, instead of being forced to do something else" :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Definitely for an offline mode.

In saying that until now, the servers have been pretty stable for me. I don't have many 503 errors which is an individual network issue. If I do I use my VPN and I connect no problem.

So even though I am all for an offline mode, the reality is the servers have been very stable for the past few months. imho.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  3. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Just to be clear, I don't discuss the need of an offline way for r3e.
    Even if I really don't bother at all the full online way it is today (when the game is down.. I just do something else in my life, it's just a game, nothing else), I fully understand that lots of players ask for these.

What I said is not about my opinion it's just to say that the team really don't need an other thread like this in the forum as they already know about this demand from players.
    They've said they know lots of people want it
    They've said that they're thinking if it
    And they've said that it's not as simple and it's definitely not something we will have right in the corner.
    Maybe in a long term futur they will find a way... But at this time you can ask as many times you want it will not change anything.

It's a known request... Now we can only wait & see.

4. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Yes offline please. Nearly a week of staring at every piece of content they have and I own sitting there not being used.

5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. I'd vote for an offline mode but as much as we want it I'm pretty sure this is something totally outside of S3S's controls so there's not much they can do about it no matter how many people want it. Personally, it's not an issue for me as my PC is always plugged into the router and I have steady/unlimited internet. But I can see how people in different parts of the world with limited or dodgy internet could have (justifiable) issues with it. Don't think it will be changing any time soon though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I am disappointed with the amount of down time in this sim. The content is not cheap and it is frustrating how many times i am stopped from using it because of server problems. Offline mode please!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Actually, until now there has not been much if any server down time for the last few months.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I just drive sp, why should I be forced to be online?
    Atm it's annoying: error 503, error 13. I'm out! May be I'll try after next update.
    Don't want to waste my time any more, I better read a book!
    I purchased almost every content and own a lot of vRPs, it's sad!
    Also there are some questions in the forum (pricing etc.) but no answers by devs.
    S3S looses backing in the community.

9. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    There are answers about the pricing....do a search, they just can't answer every time the topic comes up...again and again.

S3 has to work with the terms giving to them, some of it sucks, but such is life.

10. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I don't need offline mode, I haven't seen an error in a year..

+ I think it will bring too much piracy.
    This is the risk you get when you spend money in an online-only game, should have looked this up before spending money, and decide if you wanna live with the concequences ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    And I have to deal with the terms given to me and so I'm out for the moment

12. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I understand your frustration and I'm not to happy either. But, until they fix the problem, I'll play something else and have patience. What I don't understand is this sudden rage(ok, I know is a bit harsh)! The game have a hiccup and, out of the blue, lot of negativity appear. I've put some money into game as well and I intend to put even more.
    About the offline mode not sure if it's as easy as we think, the game having so many online functions (leaderboard, challenges and so on) but Ițm not a programmer so just some thoughts.
    And, for god's sake, S3 fix the servers so I can play. :)
    Sorry for my english.

13. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Agree. People shouldn't be involved in things that don't make them happy. I do think people refuse to understand the reality of this game. If you don't give on certain things, it will not work out for you.

Should it be like that? That really doesn't matter, obviously no(S3 knows it), but its just how it is.

14. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I like reading books :), there is no rage, but atm I don't like trying and trying and trying. And so it's better for me to be out, instead of getting angry!;)

15. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I have had many instances of error 503 which stop me playing the game. I am happy that they don't affect everyone but in my case my internet connection has been stable but R3E does not work. I can understand some down time, that is inevitable, but there has been more than i would expect recently.

16. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I agree, but the game isn't down when you get are getting 503 errors. It is an individual error, not complete system collapse. I get them a lot, or was, I use a VPN when that happens and it works 100% of the time. To me it is some sort of network/ISP incompatibility with the game that seems to happen at random times.

Obviously it shouldn't be like that. They know it.

17. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
  18. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I hope, no one understands me wrong.

I like driving almost every car on almost every track in R3E, and I have no regrets, I spent the money. Especially group 5 and gt3 are my favourite, but reading the posts in the forum shows me, some dissatisfaction appeared lately.

The discussion of buying a gtr3 car in ADAC13/14/(15 to come) and then in gtr3 is disastrous. I know there are issues in licencing and physics have been improved, S3S still makes efforts in existing content. And I know S3 is a small team and it's still beta.

Some statements on offline-mode would be appreciated.

But I spent a lots of money and when I come home after a 10 - 12 hours workingday looking forward to drive some laps and I see error 503 or error 13 beeing in the game, it doesn't makes me happy and my mood is getting worse.

So, after having written these lines, I cheer up again and I'm gonna read a book (maybe about LeMans, which I'd like to see in R3E)!:D

• Like Like x 1
  19. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but only if they call it "Crapshit mode"

20. Oliver Augst

Oliver Augst Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    No

• Winner Winner x 1