Released Nordschleife

Dieses Thema im Forum "News & Announcements" wurde erstellt von KW Studios, 31. Mai 2015.

1. Frankymoe

Frankymoe Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I can`t believe this discussion. How can you seriously complain that the Nordschleife looks to good. In general i can`t unterstand that there must be allways complains no matter what is announced. If @J-F Chardon shows a video where he walks on the water like Jesus there will be someone who complains that he is not able to swim :p

@Christian Göpfert: i would bet that you are a kindergarten teacher in RL. Where else should you learn to have so smuch patience with your community! ;)

Back on topic: I am sure that this one will be the best Nordschleife experience which you can have on PC! I can hardly wait!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    I did teach maths, that teaches you to be patient I guess. ;)
    I certainly don't think this is my community and I'm not arguing that I tend to makes jokes, but I never intend to ridicule anybody. Most of the time I'm mocking myself, just as I did with that bad testers book joke.

And yes, the Nordschleife does look, feel and perform very impressive. Much feedback from people who know the track very well went into its creation and that shows.
    But as le_piolu said, end of march was mentioned as a target. Bear in mind that this year Easter will be at the end of March as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    So you can confirm there's a Nods Easter Egg hunt? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Nope, we can`t confirm anything because we aren`t S3

5. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Nah, just pointing out that it might not be released during that time as I guess S3 offices will be closed just like most other companies.
    So my guess would be for a release either before or after Easter.

Also don't know about any special sales that might be offered durinng Easter. There were in the past, but nobody can know for sure if that will be the case again this year.

6. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    so I would not publish such a large patch on Easter weekend, when then something is not going right, dirty you look at the whole Easter - so I hope next week

• Like Like x 2
  7. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Aww, I was hoping to collect all the hidden eggs in my little nsu tts :(

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
  8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Hey up, I don't agree with you about a lot of those points but I found your post an interesting read and that's the point of discussion forums.

For me, the thing that R3E does better than the other sims is 'atmosphere', although I widen it to 'immersion'. Out of the current crop (although DiRT Rally has the same effect, I'm calling it a different genre), it's the only one that grabs me and I feel like I'm actually in an event and forget that I'm playing a game.

I appreciate that some immerse themselves in different ways, but for me the locations and the way they contribute to being immersed in an environment is every bit as important as minute physics details or set up options. I feel we're lucky to be where we are at the moment physics-wise, in comparison to 10 years ago, and all the modern sims do an excellent job here. And though some probably 'simulate' physics better that others, I'm unlikely to be able to experience what these cars are like in real life.

So in R3E, the sound, AI, physics and environments combine perfectly to my particular tastes and that's why I'm really excited about this release over some of the others available. I'm lucky enough to have driven a couple of laps of the Nurburgring and I go each year for the 24 hour race and the 'atmosphere' is a key part of what makes it special to me, every bit as much as the shape of the tarmac itself.

As for the immersion added by the environmental art, this is one of the key pillars of making me forget I'm gaming. Especially in a long race, I will always find that my best rhythm is found when I'm not concentrating 100% on each corner, you get into a flow where the track becomes second nature and that's when those details become apparent more and more so. I can speak of my own experience in 24 hour karting here, where once the track has been learned it's a case of finding your speed and sticking to it, sticking to repeating the same lines like a band's rhythyn section.

A good example that is neutral with regards to R3E is the Sebring of iRacing and the one of VirtuaLM. To me the latter wins hands down for that immersion factor, though I've no doubt the IR one is more technically accurate.

Anyway, as I say, I respect your points and always find it interesting to see the wide range of preferences and opinions in our already very niche community (race v road cars, variety of classes v variety within classes etc). Hope that makes sense :)

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Well said Rodger ... I also agree regarding immersion and the exciting feeling you get driving a track that is rich in environment artwork ... also huge props to the guys who painstakingly translate the visuals from photograph or film over to the game, it always amazes me the level of talent and artistry involved in that.

I love drivng the Nords in both AC & pCars as well as the version someone made for rFactor2. But even though pCars version may not be most technically accurate compared to AC, I really love pCars version due to the rich environmental artwork and by compare the AC version to me looks a tad lifeless, but it is more accurate with all the bumps of the original track surface. RaceRoom version just looks absolutey stunning and when I see the beautiful versions of Bathurst, Spa and Macau that these guys from Sector3 have created I just know their version of Nords is going to be something very special and the extra suspension data supplied by KW should make it the most physically accurate surface modelled to date ~ Yowzah !!!

I do respect your opinion crazy ozzy guy and totally see where you are coming from with it but have to disagree with you there old mate ! I also did not read the return comments as ridicule though some did poke some fun at your reasoning but hey it is not personal and all Aussies give as good as they get eh ! cheer up mate as you will enjoy it all for sure ;) ~ Oh and I have only a few less K's on my clock being a '62 model and if my sums are correct you are a '61 ? :)

Sure do hope the boys bring it on before Easter as that will make the short break truly one to remember !!! :D

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 12. März 2016
  10. A russian racer

A russian racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Can't wait to give out my money on this track.

11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    As long as that doesn't mean the Sim will die on Friday and we've all gotta wait til Sunday for Resurrection!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    [SPECULATION MODE ON]
    Release Date : Thursday 24th March 2016 - "Happy Easter to All"
    Big Patch + Nordschleife Track & Car Pack "The Green Hell"
    - Pack Includes the Famous Nordschleife Track in various layouts plus two iconic cars from the "Legend" years of Formula Racing.
    Requirements : Nerves of Steel + The Concentration of a Saint !
    [SPECULATION MODE OFF]

We can Dream can't we ? :D:cool::D

13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    I sure hope that's one consideration they will make when determining the release date, cause this will be huge. As I said, I suspect the update and the fixes to be released and after a couple days, when things have settled, they unlock Nords.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    hypothetically speaking,if there's an easter sales it would be great if nords was included,let all the people enjoy it
    that's what Jesus would do:)

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, but you know them Swedes, bloody atheists. :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    You are Joking ... Right !? o_O

17. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Reading some comments, the term "Desperate Housewives" comes to my mind ....:rolleyes:
    Maybe S3 should have started to release the NoS sector by sector long time ago....:cool:

18. Jll02

Jll02 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    What the heck?

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.013 / 0 / -0
    He's been spamming all day. I haven't got a clue what it's all about either.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I am always mildly amused though.

• Like Like x 1