Released 15-11-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    My guess over time adaptive has learned from your gtr3 driving maybe needs more time and laps with Audi tt 2016 on adaptive ?

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Is the new AI active on all tracks and in all classes or are there differences at the moment?

I have no clue how it works, I imagine you have to fit the new code to every track seperately.

3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This is correct. All classes and all tracks had the AI improved.

One of the reasons the patch took so long... Hell of a lot of work to get this far, with further improvements to come with more time.

Edit: There will still be differences between different classes of cars and how well the AI drives them though. Not knowledgeable whether every single class of AI was completely redone from scratch, or just improved.

Exactly right. Each class of car has their own AI files, and each track has rules for how the AI should behave. Such as areas where they need to behave, such as the hairpin at Macau.

Lots goes into the AI to not only make each different class of AI function properly, but to also work properly on every track.

I only have a minor understanding of all of this, but that is the gist of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I just have some quastions about these new ''no experiance'' modes. So if I go to Championship and use these settings

[​IMG]
    I started with choosing DTM 2015 under ''Rules Preset'' but then changed somethings and use 2 race format with mandatory pitstop. So what I wonder I still get all the DTM 2015 rules? Or does it mean that I have mandatory pitstop on both races and stuff like that?

And also in ''Single Event'' if you change some rules then it changes from DTM 2015 to custom on ''Rules Present''. While in ''Championship'' mode then it stays with DTM 2015 if you do some changes...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  5. Andreas Kokkelink

Andreas Kokkelink New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For an hour running the game with me properly, without flapping

Edit: Deleted the user folder, the shadows are ok again.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    danichem.jpg
    ;)

7. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Would be much more helpfull to kick the annoying track limit in turn 1.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    When you go to Championship to create a new championship what is that ''Min pitstop duration''? If I put that att 0 will AI cars just stop for like 0-1sec then drive again then or what?...

9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Some race series like the ADAC GT Masters have a set amount of time you must stay in the pits before leaving. In ADAC GTM, its 60 seconds because a driver swap happens.

This option allows you to set a mandatory amount of time that all cars in the race must be in the pits before exiting. Most of the time you can just leave this at "0", so you can leave the pits as soon as you get fresh tires and fuel. You can certainly set this to 20 or something if you want everyone to have an even amount of time they must spend in the pits.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    If i chose ruleset GT Masters 2015, do i have to set 60 Secs for minimum pitstop time or is it automatically?

And to the AI make the driver change, as in the 2014 expirience?

11. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Does the minimum pit time count from pit entry line to pit exit line or from stopping for the stop to starting again?

12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I believe this is how it *should* work. If you select the GT Masters rule set, it should have pit stops set to 60 seconds. And the AI *should* make a driver swap.

I know all these rule sets are still being looked at and worked on though. Crunch time may have pushed some of these out a tad buggy.

If they dont work automatically like this, you may have to set this yourself in the mean time.

I believe this time starts counting when you are stopped in your pit box.

13. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    :eek: Why ?! It is completly absurd. A sequential gearbox is not a semi-automatic gearbox. A manual action from the driver on the clutch is required to work properly.

Of course, autoclutch can be used as a aid but not as the way a sequential gearbox works

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Andreas Kokkelink

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The under shadow look strange example Gruppe5

15. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Maybe add picture so we understand better
    Thanks

16. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Ran a short race with the 92 DTM cars. From what I could tell the AI goes more often for switchback moves, leaves more room but also surprisingly goes slightly defensive at times. Only one race but I liked what I saw for sure. Also slight contact didn't feel like running into a brick wall so that's nice.

Had a weird bug yesterday online. After a race finish I went back to the menu and instead of going into another track I got a second race start. It wasn't a two race session and only I was placed on the grid.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Many things changed but there are not so bad after few days from update. But there may be something which may change everything: enhanced player ranking system, includes safety ratings and licence system! That will be great! And I'm wait for this prodigious change impatiently. At last racing game will recieve deeper meaning.

18. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I pushed ctrl+M but nothing happened. Does it work single driver?

19. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    First of all, always glad to have a new update. :)

Some nice little features brought into the game like 2 race format, reversed grid, punctures and Ballast weight.
    Concerning the ballast, It would be really nice if it was possible in multiplayer to just individually add the ballast-weight i want to my car, like in Super GT. So in a championship series after each race drivers could take additional weight leveling the field even more.
    For the punctures, would be nice to get this by contact as well which happens quite often irl.

The DTM16 is a nice updated version, DRS seems a bit less beneficial than before and overall the car is a bit slower but handles better imo.
    The new Audi TT Cup drives nice as well.

Good to read the grip off-track at Spa got reduced.

The store Revamp i don't really get, especially cause it took so much time and it doesn't really look better nor is does it have any added value to the game.
    The new packages on the other hand are really nice for newcomers and people who don't have much content. :eek:

Otherwise still having some issues in game altough i was able to play day 1 after the update. Not seeing all cars in MP, sometimes long loading time, whereas before the patch R3E ram smooth as butter.

Hopefully next patches have less impact on the overal game.
    Looking forward to the next patch and the new incar display's in particular. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Andreas Kokkelink

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Because I do not like the new cam settings in the replay, I have the old locations folder restored, has worked. Now I would like the old Fog in and out values, can someone tell me where the Fogwerte are stored, or what I have to do to restore this?