2min fix to make the best car setup UI of any sim even better...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jan 19, 2023.

Tags:
  1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Please add the letters (F) or (B) or the words (Front) / (Back) after the numbers in the brake bias to make it obvious where the brake pressure increasing or decreasing....

upload_2023-1-18_21-44-16.png

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, this is something I always wondered why it's so poorly explained in racing games.

3. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Can anyone add this simple fix to the backlog? @J-F Chardon ?

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Ive thought it was fairly obvious and it isnt a 2 minute fix
    When you hover over /click theres a description on the right hand side of the screen does it say anything

Andi

5. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    1. As a programmer myself, changing a simple text string should be a real quick fix, perhaps not 2 min but real simple.
    2. The super-useful-description box on the right that usually describes what the settings actually do, does not specifically indicate if the first number is the back or the front brakes like in AMS2 for example.
    3. @Andi Goodwin What makes it so obvious? Please describe, perhaps I'm missing something. Then why the post gathered a few "agree" already!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2023
  6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I guess the direction the car is pointing in the picture below the setup is a clue and pretty much all cars have bias to the front by default but I totally agree the clarification would be nice to have.

It would also be nice to see the values for non adjustable elements on all cars e.g. the diff settings, that way if there was an error like with the DTM20s it would be apparent to everone not just the developers.

From memory the AMG gt4 either has a non adjustable roll bar on springs on the front or back, not sure if that is a mistake or intended. @Alex Hodgkinson

7. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Rear springs are not adjustable, only 140s homologated