Question A Newby and Nothing Happens

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Chip Adams, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Chip Adams

Chip Adams New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I just want to drive but nothing I do can make that happen. It doesn't even offer me the opportunity to do it. I bought a DTM package and can see that I bought it, but nothing. No click here to drive. I have an old wingman steering wheel. Is that my problem? Do I need to invest in a better wheel and pedals?

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Have you checked the controller-settings? In the ffb-Menu there should be indivators that shows you the input of the wheel and pedals in the game. If there is nothing to see, your wheel is most likely not acknowleged by the game. If I remember right, the Wingman has some problems with the game. Not sure if it will even work. Maybe you can furst try, if the game is running with keyboard alone to see, if you can drive with that atleast.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chip Adams

Chip Adams New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info. Not sure where to find ffb-Menu. Is it in the Racing Experience? The keyboard doesn't work because nothing shows on my Raceroom Racing Experience that even comes close getting me into anything to drive. Very frustrated. I guess I'll just go with all new wheel / pedals and see what happens. Thanks for your suggestions

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Could you describe the actual problem a bit more clearly? Or post a screenshot? I'm having a hard time understanding what it is that isn't working for you.

Maybe you could describe the steps you're taking atm, like where and what exactly are you doing/clicking.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  5. Chip Adams

Chip Adams New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    A bought a DTM package but there is nowhere on my Raceroom Racing Experience that indicates "click here to drive" or anything remotely telling me what to do or where to go. If I click on any car, I get a message "Owned". If I click it, it says: "elect which car livery to use." The only thing that remotely gets even close to suggesting I can drive is a purple box that says, Test Drive - Click for a Free Ride. It opens to Novice, Amature, and Get Real. If I click any of them, it tells me I'll need a new App to Open this rrre.
    Just above the photo of any car there is a line that reads: You will get to choose your livery to go with your car purchase. You will always get a better deal if you purchase it as part of the entire car class. I own tracks and cars, but just can't get a car to the track! What would be a normal sequence on your computer to select a car and go to the track?
    My computer has the following:
    It is a Win 10 -
    CyberPowerPC - Gamer Master Desktop - AMD Ryzen 5-Series - 8GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 580 XTR - 1TB Hard Drive. I thought I bought the right stuff. Maybe that's the problem.

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Alright, thanks for the detailed info. Your PC ain't the problem, that's totally capable of running Raceroom.

Am I right in thinking that you're logging into your Raceroom account with your web browser and looking at your profile on the web portal under http://game.raceroom.com ?
    If so, I'm afraid there's a little misunderstanding. In order to use Raceroom you have to have the Steam client software installed on your PC. (You can download it free of charge here: https://store.steampowered.com/about/)
    Once that's installed you have to log into your Steam account (or create one if you don't have one already) in that software and install Raceroom Racing Experience. (https://store.steampowered.com/app/211500/RaceRoom_Racing_Experience/?l=english , note that the game itself is free aswell, you don't have to pay anything to install and use it)

After you've installed the game in Steam you have to start it through the Steam client, log in with your Raceroom account details and then you'll be able to see the game's main menu, where you can chose to start a single player or a multiplayer game. The content you purchased will already be unlocked and ready to use.

If you need any further help with any of those steps, feel free to ask.

Hope this helped

Best regards

Christian

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  7. Chip Adams

Chip Adams New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for that information. I was actually going in through Steam, but I had not downloaded the Raceroom Racing Experience. I never saw where to do it. I opened your link and was able to download. I now have the icon on my desktop and went in as if I were going to drive and it worked. Still does not recognize my wingman wheel. I'm ordering a wheel and pedals today from the recommended list I found on the forum. Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    This thread is somehow one of the most worthy, humble and kind thing I've come across in the Internet in a long time :)

I think Wingman wheel should work just fine, I was using Formula Force Ex not long ago which is a little bit like a younger brother of yours. I'll post some screenshot guide to help you check if Raceroom recognizes your wheel when I come home

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    @Chip Adams
    Depends on your wallet and how deep you want to dive into Simracing. For starters I would always recommend something like the Logitech Driving Force GT (perfect cost-benefit ratio) but unfortunately they are not produced any more (solid wheels with shitty pedals) Next comparable wheel available would be something like Thrustmaster TS 150 / TMX , but for a few bucks more or even cheaper you might get a used/overhauled Logitech G27.
    Next level would be Thrustmaster TS 300/500 with proper pedalsets (T 300 comes with cheap plastic stuff like the DFGT I believe) while Logittech G29/920 have generally low user ratings (specially compared to its precursor G27) from what I hear.
    Well after that you reach the area where Fanatec and even more sophisticated Hardware rules - but make no mistake: I've seen a few guys diving into simracing with very little experience who expected to take the community by storm via buying a top notch rig for several thousand bucks, but had to gave up after one season realizing they were actually deluded....:)

10. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    In order to check if RaceroomRacing Experience is recognizing your Wingman wheel inputs:

1. Click on the gears in the upper menu
    2. Choose "Control Settings"
    3. Choose "Advanced Settings"
    4. There, in the right upper corner you can see a couple of bars. Each of individual bar represents inputs of your wheel like throttle, brake, clutch and steering. If your wheel is connected and works properly, you should see these bars filling with a white color as you press your throttle/brake/clutch pedal or turn your steering wheel
    5. It should look like this. Making this picture I was pressing my throttle and brake pedal, ~30% and ~75% respectively. Give it a try yourself if these bars are filling as you are making your inputs.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      600 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      483.3 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      166.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      475.3 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      53 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 2
  11. BallistiX

BallistiX New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    my thrustmaster red legend ferrari wheel is working but its not registering the pedals, what could be the problem? like when i try to press the pedals to make them the control nothing happens, it just doesnt register them at all.

12. Chip Adams

Chip Adams New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for that helpful info. I believe my Wingman died! I bought the Thrustmaster T300RS. I finally got everything working. What a relief. I do have another question, however. There is so much brake input coming into corners that I don't have to do anything except steer. How do I adjust braking assist to absolute minimal. And, I've changed so many things trying to find it, that I've probably put too many changes in that I have no idea what I've done. How do I go back to default settings if necessary. Thanks for all of the help.

13. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Set the mode to “get real”