An apology (?) - 26th July, Hungaroring WTCC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SylverFyre, Jul 26, 2015.

1. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I was enjoying a selection of races this afternoon in various multiplayer servers. Being the free weekend, it was easy to find decently populated ones - thanks S3S :)

In the middle of a 20 minute race at the Hungaroring, I cant remember which server, but we were in WTCC2014 cars, I was minding my own business, lapping as best I could. Not really making much headway to the guy in front, aout 5 secs up the road, but not being caught by the one behind either who, if I remember correctly was somewhere between 3 and 7 seconds back.

Then I briefly saw my name in the chat in the upper centre of the screen, with someone saying "Barker you asshole" and promptly leaving the server. I'm afraid I cant remember the name of the driver, but whatever I'm supposed to have done I apologise for. from my point of view, the whole race was clean, no collisions and the only trading places being me making up a couple over the course of the first two laps several minutes before the "incident". THe only thing I can say is I don't have a great internet connection at times and sometimes suffer from the flickering / invisible cars thing. Didn't notice that in this race, but if I took you out I'm sorry, whoever you are!

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Could be another case of this: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/multiplayer-unplayable-because-of-high-ping.1562/

I stated quite similar experiences somewhere in that thread. From your perspective some parts of a race might be not too bad, but other drivers can't see you and might be hit be you even though you don't recognize it. I bumped a car off the track once at Spielberg where I was still some 5 to 10 meters behind him.

COULD be the case, might be another issue aswell though...

3. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    @SylverFyre just watch the replay, at least you'll find out the name of
    of the person. Mind you I think what they said is a bit strong... and I hope you get an apology too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I didn't want to start a thread for it, bit if there's a guy called Herve reading this who got tipped around in a Group 5 race at Suzuka on Friday, my apologies - he was closing on me towards the side of the circuit and I should have backed off slightly, but I caught his tail and there was a rather huge spin (which I wasn't expecting to occur even if there was contact). I started to wait but didn't know if he would continue so carried on. My bad.

Maybe we need a 'Raceroom Online Confessions' thread......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SylverFyre

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I've been called worse :) and I know how frustrating it is if someone takes you out of a race. I'll see if the replay helps find the person / problem and contact them. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Lovely! Not maybe, we simply need it., :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Genius. Although i suspect the ones that would use it are the ones that show decency in races anyway, although i'd love to be proven wrong. I hear you OP, i've actually race hopped to find a guy and apologize (except i knew what i did, thought i was at different turn than i was, plowed inside at high speed, taking out this guy.)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    There might be those occasional cool confessions so i'd like to see something started..
    I already have one to make :eek::p

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    I think this is the best topic for this, don't want to start a new one.

@giuseppe sangalli
    Are you serious? You rammed me a few minutes ago in Zandvoort. After that you waited a whole lap just to ram me again. Then you told me I am a "bastard", and "idiot" and that you will find me and destroy everything I have? And minutes after this, you send me a friend request?

I reported you now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. SylverFyre

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    @machwebb
    Hmm. I tried finding the saved replay of that particular race and found that, while lots of stuff appears automatically saved. A lot of my races aren't. Is that normal? Is there a setting I've missed or overlooked somewhere please?

11. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Hummmm... Try the search filter..

12. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Maybe he's not having success with Google maps and wants some direction from you. ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1