Another Triple Screen Issue - Image not spanning all 3 Screens

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Beef36, May 6, 2023.

1. Beef36

Beef36 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I've run triple screens on Raceroom for years without issues @ 1080p and 1440p, and today I'm installing the game on another PC with identical 4K screens.

It uses Nvidia Surround at 11520x2160 and triples works successfully on all other games, however for Raceroom, the game is only displayed in 3 parts on the center screen, and not the 2 side screens (refer attached)

This is a vanilla installation, so I'm not using any custom resolutions or image manipulation software; I'm only using Nvidia Surround.

The in-game menu only provides option to display the game at 3840x2160 (ie the resolution of a single screen). There is no option to select 11520x2160.

I tried editing the graphics_option.xml file to manually change the resolution to 11520x2160, but that did not resolve the issue.

How can I get the game image to span all 3 screens across 4K screens?

Attached Files:

2. Beef36

Beef36 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I solved my own problem. I had to select the correct aspect ratio (48:9) and then the 11520x2160 resolution became available.

I cap my frame rate at 117fps, and my PC can consistently output 117fps in Triple 4K seemingly without breaking into a sweat!

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    This is kind of funny to me. I recently ordered 3 screens and was talking crap with a friend about it. I told him I was still running "peasnt-80p", but my aspect ratio will be 48:9. Looks like my bragging supplied me with a piece of useful information. Good to know. Thanks.

I had the same issue. I forgot to set the aspect ratio correctly. LOL. I still have a lot of adjusting to do, and moving things around. But I am definitely liking triple screen.

Last edited: May 12, 2023