Any changes to the physics in the GTR3 class?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BosseD, Nov 6, 2022.

1. BosseD

BosseD New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has there been any changes to the physics in the GTR3 class? I haven't driven the GTR 3 for the last 6-9 months and now I've done just over 100 laps, but am ridiculously far behind my own best time. It's 1.7 – 2 seconds if I get a good lap. Have tested my favorite car BMW M6, but also Callaway Corvette, Porsche 911 GT3 R and it's the same with those models, 1.7-2 seconds behind my best times.

Maybe it's my age starting to take its toll :)

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    What circuits? What setups did you use before and now? Is it in single player or on ranked servers?

3. BosseD

BosseD New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've been driving on the leaderboard, Spa-Francorchamps because it's a track I like and I'm normally quite fast on (2:17:116). Now the time stops at a high 2:18 on a fast lap. I have run with the same setup as before.

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I don't remember any significant changes to GT3 in the last months (maybe I missed something?). In patchnotes the only thing I found is this, from 23rd of May: "GT3’s, GT4’s, BMW M235i Racing - Reverted physics updates that went into the build too early during ranked championship."

5. BosseD

BosseD New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for feedback. I'll have to drive more and see if I can get down to better lap times again.

6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    One possible explanation is that cars with engine mapping are now capped at setting 3 to make non mapped cars in the same class competitive. I don´t think it´s the case with the GTs though as all cars have it.

Another possibility is that the official ranked BOP is being applied to leaderboards but it should be visible in the car selection screen.

Perhaps you are out of practice - have you tested other tracks?

7. BosseD

BosseD New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'll drive on more tracks and see if I'm as slow there. I don't do much sim racing during the summer as I instead drive on the track with my real car. Of course, I normally drive a little slower when I've been away from driving for a while, but the speed usually comes back after an hour or so of driving. Right now it's very frustrating to be so slow.

Thanks for the feedback.

8. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    1 second faster than my best times, so it's not as slow as you think