Ascher F28 Joystick knob replacement

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aedn, Jul 11, 2023.

1. aedn

aedn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi all,

I've recently had a joystick knob fall off my F28 whilst driving (I have no idea how), and I've completely lost it.

having contacted KW support they sent out two replacement knobs from the F64, as they advised these would fit and don't produce the ones for the F28 any more.

I've not been able to piece together how to attach these to the wheel. I don't suppose anybody here has any experience with attaching/reattaching the joystick knobs before and could give some guidance?

cheers!

Attached Files:

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Is there a screw in the side the knob? It's to secure the knob on the shaft. You'd probably need a small screwdriver or allen key to rotate the screw.

3. aedn

aedn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks for the response! they weren't provided with screws. would you happen to know size or if I could source these somewhere?

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    It might not be separate. A typical knob for the D-profiled shaft looks like this:
    upload_2023-7-12_18-38-57.png

Is there a hole on the side of your knob? If it's there, then the screw is there too, most likely.

5. aedn

aedn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    there's no screw which has been provided, and it's a whole new knob. the previous knob pinged off the wheel and I've been unable to find it, so can only assume the screw went with it.