Problem Audio popping in RRRE

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Support" wurde erstellt von Hygge, 16. August 2018.

1. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I've got problems with audio popping in RRRE.
    It's very inconsistent. Sometimes I can play for a long time without hearing any sound popping and other times it happens alot.

I don't have problems with this in any other game, listening to music, watching YouTube etc.
    It seems like there are certain spots on tracks which triggers this more often - like when I'm driving down just before Aqua Minerale.
    Also pressing the button to look behind the car often makes the sound pop.

I have a i7700K and a 1080TI and I can play RRRE with a constant framerate above 100 fps.
    Mobo is Asus Z270-H.
    OS Win 7 64

The problem has been there since day 1 on the computer.

I've tried other audio drivers and reinstalled the latest ones without being able to solve this issue.

The computer is very "clean" and I only have a couple of games installed and not much more. I have a dual boot so MS Office, Photoshop and other programs is installed in another Windows.

I have also disabled antivirus but it didn't help.

It's very annoying as I said above - it only happens in RRRE.

Anyone else experienced this in RRRE?

2. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +138 / 0 / -0
    Yes I notice this problem too, but very rarely, so I don't care about but it's definitely there.

3. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +568 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure it isn't just intended sounds in the game you are hearing, such as backfires or stones hitting the car? A video with the sound you are describing would help a lot :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1.199 / 0 / -0
    Could you please make a video showing the sound issue, so we can maybe find a way to reproduce it on our machines?

Thanks ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the tip BrunoB but that option is already turned on. :)

6. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    100% sure. I know how both backfires and stones sound and this anomaly I'm referring to is a distinctive crackling/popping static sound that has a higher volume that cuts above the rest of the proper game sounds.