News Black Friday Deals!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 25, 2015.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I see the 30% off doesn't apply to content that has already received a linked discount, in my case the GTR3 cars.

Bit of a shame that.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'm not gonna try and convince anybody that my conclusions hit the nail 100 % and I never said that R3E is only an advertising tool. But if the facts that Klaus Wohlfarth became CEO of Simbin in 2012 (which basically means he bought the company), shortly before Raceroom Racing Experience was announced, a game named after his racing venue company and plastered with ads for his other companies, don't make you connect the dots then I don't know what else to say, other than:
    source: http://b2b.raceroom.com/?lang=en

It's more than a game. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  3. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, i was hoping for the super savings.

Not sure what I will get, might just be a dtm 15 car. Would love a bunch of liveries, for some reason, but 30% off 49 cents doesn't get my sale spidy sense going. Sure I will pick up something else. I still don't have Ricard.

Was hoping for the TT today.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon any chance we will see a gtr3 pack...soon? :-D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Never have heard of all this before, never knew it existed. ;) Its all new to me.

6. Nicolas Leféroce

Nicolas Leféroce Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    "I see the 30% off doesn't apply to content that has already received a linked discount, in my case the GTR3 cars".

It's the same problem for me : The GTR3 Ruf is at the same price for me than yesterday... :( No discount...

Is it a bug ?

Because the advertising said : "30% off on all cars". And it's not OK for my GT3' Ruf (because I already have purchased the GT2 version) ?

7. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    it probably just takes which ever discount is the greater. You have a discount greater than 30% on the ruf already....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Nicolas Leféroce

Nicolas Leféroce Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but no ...

The first discount is only due because I already own this car in the GTR2 class. Should I pay 3 times each car because it's an ADAC or a GT3 car ? It's the same one... And for the GT2 : it's not the same motor but the same layout.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    woah, I am just saying what I think store is doing. I am not saying it is right or wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Nicolas Leféroce

Nicolas Leféroce Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Yes Sean, sorry if my message was a little unfriendly ;) You're probably right about what the store is doing. ... And I'm certainly not OK with that ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    What are the chances of us seeing a GTR3 pack with all the game's GT3?

EDIT: Wont the Mustang would be a bit too slower compared to the other GT3s in the game? The Mustang isnt really a fast GT3 car to begin with.

I dont mind an underdog car though. Will be still fun to drive.

12. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I have no idea, but if you mean mixing GTR3 with licensed series ADAC I would bet on slim chances.

13. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I meant that will there be a pack that contains all the GT3 model under the GTR3 category. Possibly with the Bentley and Mustang thrown in. I know it is quite annoying for asking this so many times but a GTR3 pack was the pack that I anticipated the most since the revamped was announced. I enjoyed ADAC13 and 14 a lot where I would really appreciate that if there will be a pack that contains all the licensed GT3 and its non ADAC liveries in one pack. The new physics is fantastic which I would love to see every GT3 in under the GTR3 banner.

We will be able to mix GT3s with ADAC in the future when the multiclass feature is implemented.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yep. Totally agree with you on this. We shouldn't have to keep paying over and over for content we already own so, at the very least, the 30% off should apply to linked discounts too. I would have picked up all the GTR3 cars if so but will not do so out of principle.

Yet again another misleading offer. It's all a bit absurd I'm sorry to say.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Ah, now I'm with you. :)

16. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Its just weird, normally 30% discount would be 30% on top of the prices yesterday.
    Some stuff like liveries have the 30% discount applied (RuF GT3 liveries, because I bought the RuF) some other content Audi LMS GT3 is still the same price but have the ADAC discount applied to it.
    I mean if you need a manual to see how sales/discount are working things are just wrong.
    Like I said earlier the standard discounts shouldn't be treated as discounts like they are now...
    Make the store/discounts more transparent and people will try the game for sure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I think the game should move away from the microtrasactions model as its main business model, it isnt doing the game any good. And the buying the same content again and again part, I do admit that I am really not too keen of it. Probably a base game with all the non license content model then DLCs for brand new content that is released prior to a certain date would help the game to be more attractive to more new players. Then, once after a certain date, another all in one pack with all the content offered in that period of time is offered to entice new players.

I can see the purpose of the microtrasactions as not all players wants all cars and all liveries, it would be nice if that isnt the main business model of the game but an optional way for players to obtain content. A core package and DLC packs should be the main business model as it seemed like it is something that more people are comfortable with.

I had been itching to pick up the GTR3 cars but knowing how the discounts work, I'll be spending more if there is a pack in the future. It is a class that I had been anticipating for a long time which disappoints me that there isnt a pack till now. I would really hope a better discount system for us who own some content.

Seriously, this game is amazing because it is one of the best games to have some really tight and adrenaline pumping races. It is sad to see people ignoring because the business model is putting off a lot of players. When you have invested players refused to buy your content, I think some reflection of the business model needs to be taken a look.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Got to agree with a lot of the comments here, saddens me that the most excitement I've had from sim racing sales this week is the Lotus pack:(. I went onto the store this morning bought Macau and 1 GT3 car, might go for DTM 92 later.

19. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Good to see you enjoyed the Lotus pack. I didnt cause I dont enjoy open wheels, unfortunately which that is a pretty terrible DLC for me as I am only buying for Rouen Esserts and classic layouts of Hockenheim and Silverstone.

For the DTM92, I say wait for a Steam store bundle sales as it might be cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  20. R.C. Collins

R.C. Collins Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Check AllKeyShop.com and the Humble Store and compare too. You can find deals.