Preview BMW M6 GT3 - licensed

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Apr 12, 2016.

1. CezarF1

CezarF1 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I look forward to this new mod into the RaceRoom,But a great job:)

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Looks like it's just been released for Project Cars...

Hope it's not too long before we see it in R3E...

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. HeyCruziob.

HeyCruziob. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You guys are the first to release it right? :D Any Details when its comming?

4. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Especially as Project Cars beat you to the Mercedes!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Iracing had it before pcars, but their gt3 field is quite lacking compared to raceroom.

6. Lachaussette

Lachaussette Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I hope to see WIP screens very very soon :D

7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh it has, only thing is though it's their sls in a different shell, same sounds same physics same drive. :(

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    iRacing was faster with Mercedes. And they also have new Audi. McLaren 650s is in Assetto Corsa + they have Huracan, SCG003 and Mercedes also.

9. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Oh really? That's a bit lame... I'm not a Project Cars fanboy, it sure looks nice, but have heard too many bad things about pretty much everything else! This is why I'm looking forward to the R3E version done right.

• Agree Agree x 7
  10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't surprise me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sixaxis-76

sixaxis-76 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Let's talk about that in 6 months.

12. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Both AMG GT3 and SLS GT3 are essentially the same car. Both are using the same engine except with new the suspension geometry and new aerodynamics, it is expected to drive roughly the same with some minor improvements like better turn in. AMG GT3 drives a lot less like a pig than SLS GT3 in both AC and pcars.

What you expect? It is the same car inside so even the engine sound is roughly the same in real life. I managed to watch a GT3 race in real life, both SLS GT3 and AMG GT3 sounds quite similar to each other.

I wont be surprise if the new R8 GT3 and 650S GT3 are also drives roughly the same. The major improvement in 650S GT3 was better heat dissipation which we wont even experience it in any game while one of R8 GT3's major improvements are safety with the same R8 LMS Ultra engine in it. Audi brought one of their LMP1 innovations with a removable top and spinal protection for drivers in the R8 GT3. Unless safety and heat are simulated in games, we wont even experience the major improvements.

If those 3 cars drives completely differently from it's predecessor, something is very wrong with the data as other games, they all drive almost the same. It is no longer a huge leap as before and they had to keep the cost down so developing a brand new engine for AMG GT3 is not feasible when your competitors are pushing the cost down too. Ultimately, GT3 is about reliability and as low cost as possible as no point having the fastest car when the engine overheats in 15 laps or cost a tonne of money to buy one like Aston Martin.

I never understand why people wants to bash other games as if like one only can choose one to play. Dont like it, then, dont talk about it than bashing it as if your game is vastly more superior.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  13. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yeah - compared to the SLS the AMG GT3 is quite close. On the Soundside the AMG GT3 sounds a bit more distorted but plays on the same pitch and volume. On driving-side i would expect just very slight differences, as the AMG GT3 is a bit shorter.

The McLaren 650s should be very similar to the MP4-12c. Maybe a bit better aero on the front but the 650s is more a bigger facelift of the MP4-12c. The engine is in both cars the same but optimised in the 650s.

The Audi R8 LMS GT3 is very different to the Audi R8 LMS Ultra. I was very surprised as I heard the new R8 last weekend. Even as it is basically the same 5.2l V10 it sounds very different. It was much more screaming compared to the old R8. But compared to the Lambo Huracan, which has the same engine, the new R8 sounds very similar. On driving-side the new R8 is faster on straights as Markus Winkelhock stated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    This is not bashing, this is my opinion, and after 5 years of backing and trying to support them and testing for them, and seeing the release was in a worst state than the final beta we were testing, if I want to state my opinion I will, what your trying to do is incite the quote to more than what it implies. But I can bet you what I said is exactly what they done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    McLaren was even selling upgrade pack from MP4-12C to 650s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I dont even know why you want to drag another game into this discussion. Whats the purpose in compairing AMG GT3 in pcars/AC/iracing has anything to do with R3E's inevitable one?

Putting a dislike button doesnt get your point across or justifies you bashing other games. Just get back to topic than complaining about other games without reading up.

I am here to read more about R3E, not bashing other games.

650S and 12C GT3 are pretty much the same car. It just an upgrade kit away to 650S as there are many things in the car still roughly the same as the predecessor.

• Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  17. Gopher04

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Actually I didn't..

Again my opinion, but I upgraded it for you this time, gave you a creative one.

18. Papadimopoulos

Papadimopoulos New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    When the Ferrari are disponible please???

19. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    As soon, as you buy Ferrari license for S3 ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Can you buy an Aston Martin one too while you're at it?

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2