COCKPIT VIEW QUESTION?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    This is no news, just a reminder:

What are the chances of getting option to move to the LEFT and RIGHT in cockpit view. There are many cars that need to fine tuned/ centered. If this is not possible anytime soon, would you mind reviewing every single car and get them all centered please.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    It would help if you can name a few cars where you noticed that they are not centered, so we can verify and check if its a local file that may be outdated or if the provided file is incorrect. Thanks in advance!

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    In the testing builds im pretty sure that we have the perspective shift working for both triples and single screens , so a bitt more testing and it should get to you guys soon

Andi

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. s9khenrik

s9khenrik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This can be done already, if you don't mind fiddling with game files. Suppose you want to correct BMW M6 cockpit camera X position, open "c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\Cars\bmw_m6gt3\Cameras\cockpit_driver_view.xml" and change the value marked in red. It needs to be changed + or - 0.001-0.005 typically. Also, for the change to take effect you need to reload the track but restarting the game is not neccessary. Make a backup of the file before changing it just to be safe. This process is very cumbersome of course so a UI feature would more then welcome for this :)

Attached Files:

5. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    'Cockpit Perspective Shift' is already in-game (Unless we're talking about something else?)

At the bottom of the 'Cameras' section of 'Edit Assignments'.

[​IMG]

e: I've mapped the controls so I must've used it in the past - but I can't for the life of me remember which cars I used it on. If I run into any I'll post them here.

6. s9khenrik

s9khenrik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That function does not do what it says. It's rotating the view around a vertical axis instead of moving it along horizontally. You're car will go into one direction while you're looking into another. If it's just a tiny correction it won't make a difference I guess but for bigger adjustments it can mess up your driving.

7. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    It's not rotating; it moves the entire image left or right (rather than the driver's lateral position)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    A list of cars that should centered centered are below. Hence that some cars need only a touch to the left or right and make sure that your steering wheel is correctly centered prior to fixing.

GTR3 Class
    1. Audi R8 LMS Ultra
    2. BMW M6 GT3
    3. Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R (this one is hardly noticeable but still need to be centered)
    4. Mercedes AMG GT3

GTR4 Class
    1. BMW M4 GT4
    2. Lotus Evora GT4

Silhoulette Series
    1. Cougar C14-1
    2. Cougar C14-2

Other
    1. Audi TT CUP 2015
    2. Audi TT CUP 2016
    3. Audi TT RS VLN
    4. Cupra Leon E Racer (not much just a touch to the left)

9. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    By the way, is SEAT on/OFF still available? I cant find it anywhere? I am pretty sure it was there before.

10. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, That helped a lot.

Managed to fix a few cars, this particular file is for the Mercedes AMG GT3. Its centered now. I will attach more if devs and beta testers are ok with that?

Attached Files:

11. s9khenrik

s9khenrik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You're right, it's not rotating but moving the 2D rendered image horizontally. I need to think hard how this can be useful. Maybe if for some reason you don't sit in front of your monitor at the center, then you can correct with this. However, this is not what we want. We want to correct the (in-game) driver's camera view so that the (in-game) steering wheel is centered perfectly, aligning with your physical steering wheel. Correcting this by moving the entire image is wrong. If I move 10 cm to the right in my seat, things in the distance 1km away shouldn't move 10 cm to right, which is the case in your video.

12. s9khenrik

s9khenrik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Gameplay Settings/Show the driver seat. But there are some cars where it's not doing anything.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Cockpit Perspective Shift , was built for large single screens , so if you have a 65"screen you could in theory sit at the right side of your screen (i dont run single seaters just tin tops and i dont want to sit in the centre of my screen),
    Now cockpit shift left right is a horizontal plane , while up and down is a circular, vertical plane (tilt)
    What has happened in testing is that it has been added to triples too , so by using your seat up/down..forward/back and the perspective shift this should give you optimal posistion , or non optimal but how you want it
    Some cars seem of centre when using webmenu .. this is being investigated

Andi

14. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    i agree with OP, some cars are not centred and there is no options to strafe your view left and right

shift perspective is not strafing, it's literally rotating the view which is useless unless you want a crabbing car

15. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Shift perspective , left and right are not rotating
    They are shifting the whole cockpit left or right of centre of your screen

Andi

16. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I can recall, prospective shift left and right is a driver's side-to-side head rotations/ neck mobility while remaining in sitting position. Not a body or seat movement. Please correct me if I am wrong.

17. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Ill correct you... the head doesnt move , the body and seat dont move in relation to the car , the car moves in relation to the centre of the screen

Andi

18. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Is it the same for the triple screens?

19. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    It will be , we have it working in webmenu in testing , cant give a date but it should be soonish

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  20. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Need to ask one more important question regarding the prospective shift options. Will this option sonnish become available for use per car or still global. Currently, the prospective shift is global meaning all cars are affected at the same time. Pointless at this stage.

Cheers