Problem Corvette engine doesn't last

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Badders46, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

Must say I am loving the new updates but, driving the Corvette on paddle shifters (manual) the engine never lasts well... I don't red line it and miss gears etc. But just did a race at the Red Bull Ring, first 3 laps going well overtaking etc and then start falling back through the pack like lead... Crew Chief then says your engine is on its way out... Look and its got about a 1/4 left on the gauge... I was only doing 200kph down the staright and not even hitting 5th!

Does anyone else have this problem at all?

Cheers!

2. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    @nate you drove the Z06 before, any issues?

3. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I didn't no... Don't have the problem with any other cars... Just the new Callaway... It's a real shame as I love it!

4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    You are having this problem in the new Callaway, or the older Z06 Corvette?

Havent heard anyone having problems in the Callaway, and I personally havent done a very long run in the Corvette in a while.

Im guessing if you are having some engine problems, you are probably over-revving the car without realizing it.

Give it a go again, pop up the mini-HUD, and short shift or shift when the rev bar is lit up green. See how that works.

5. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Ok thanks for your help... Yeah with the new Corvette. I have just thought, I might have turned auto clutch off as I was using a different controller profile and joined the server late and didn't get chance to change it! Would this have caused this potentially?

6. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, can you reproduce that behavior?
    I drove a 4 Lap-Race on the Nordschleife VLN-Layout with the Corvette C7 without any problems.
    When auto clutch is off, normally that would stress the gearbox - I'm not sure if the engine takes damage, too...

7. Badders46

Badders46 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I'm out all day, but will try later... I ended up using my shifter as sequential not my paddles but think auto clutch was off... As I had used h pattern before that... Will try again later and see how I get on! I have had a similar issue with the Callaway at Hockenheim but nowhere near as bad as this!

8. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I have close to a thousand laps on the Callaway with no issue using the auto clutch. I find I get slightly better times shifting just before the indicator turns green rather than going for the extra 500 rpm.
    I do notice some bad shifts when dropping into 1st gear where the auto clutch becomes confused. Now I change the final drive so my slowest corner will pull 2nd gear if possible.