Crowdfunding For STCC & BTCC Experiences?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Jul 5, 2015.

?

would you be interested in Crowdfunding an STCC Experience and a BTCC Experience?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    How many would be interested in Crowdfunding for a STCC and a BTCC Experience?

I so miss all the great scandinavian tracks from Race 07, and also love many of the British tracks!
    With this you could also add the dirt build up and tear on the windscreen, working wipers and changeable weather . :)

You could count on how much would be needed to license this and have a couple of different levels on how much money everyone is willing to give.
    And all who fund would get a discount, car / some tracks or the whole experience depending how mush we gave?

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'd be up for both as well as crowdfunding for V8 Supercars, Older Touring Car Models, and Super GT (heck would probably crowd fund just about any series if it means more cars and tracks). I think the STCC license would be a definite get, not sure about the BTCC since there's some question as to whether Codies has the license. No one in sim racing has done a better job with touring cars than Simbin/S3S, so it would be a huge addition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Buying in the store or buying up front via crowdfund won't make a difference for me as long as you actually get the content when you pledge so yeah sure.

• Like Like x 2
  4. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Personally I would first like to see a V8 Supercars pack first and then my all time favorite the Sierra RS500.But after that I will vote for a mid 90s STCC (or ADAC STW if license is a problem) just to complete a perfect touring car game spanning the last 30 years.

• Like Like x 2
  5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    As I learned my first lessons on Brands Indy with Codies Toca Series, I will always love it and if you know your way around it's a fine fast little track with a lot of history - the GP layout I came to know years later - not bad tho' :)

6. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Crowdfunding is working for Reiza ($30,000 in 10 days). I don't see why it wouldn't be every bit as much of a success for S3S should they decide to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Don't get me wrong guys, but new content? Really???
    IMHO, this is a critical mistake.

Two and a half years ago I was asking for just ONE really complete series: Pit stops, tyres control, fuel control, etc, etc. One series to fully implement and tweak physics, collision mode, damage mode, FFB and AI behaviour.

I'm getting really frustrating again. I want this game so badly, but besides the amazing sound, nothing really concrete was made with the basic features of the game.

ATM, I can't enjoy even the FFB. Ok, you can say this is because the "crappy" G27. Anyway, is the actual FFB a unanimity? In comparison with the other sims, our FFB is cited as a model to be followed? Don't think so.

R3E is losing the opportunity to seriously compete with AC.

I'm still supporting this sim, and still waiting for a great experience.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hm, I'm not sure if Crowd-Funding is even needed. I can't see a reaction from S3S that for e.g. STCC or BTCC couldn't be done, cause of financial issues.

Maybe something like that is already on the internal Roadmap. I'm sure that the Roadmap is longer than we all expect, but every bit needs time to be done...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Same here. :)

10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The game really needs core features to be added as well as the tidying up of a number of existing issues (AI & FFB the main ones), so I'm in agreement with @Emerson Meyer. The evolution of the core game hasn't kept pace with the development of new content.

But to answer the question - I'm not sure Sector3 needs crowdfunding. As I've said before, they do a great job of getting important licences on a modest budget. The ones they can't afford are probably beyond what we can crowdfund as a community.

Also I've spent a lot of money on R3E already whereas Reiza's games have cost me peanuts, so I think Reiza can make a better case for crowdfunding.

If I was to support a crowdfunding campaign, the BTCC and Brands Hatch GP would be two worthy exceptions.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    STCC... maybe (love the circuits)

BTCC... not a chance

12. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Me to want to get those key features into the game.
    But we got false starts and engine stalling along with a lots of other features with the last patch, and I'm hoping we get some more features next week with the Touring Classics pack.
    Pit stops and Fuel can't be far off??..

@James Cook
    What goes for the AI, isn't there a tweak of the AI on almost every patch?
    Lets keep our fingers crossed for an AI aggression slider!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @Emerson Meyer and @James Cook, I agree with you both about the main features, I've been fairly outspoken about that in the past, they should be finished/implemented before any additional content (that isn't already on the way) is added. After that though...
    @Emerson Meyer, I use a G27 and think it's fantastic, the FFB is by far and away the best I've felt on any sim. In your opinion, where do you think there are problems? Maybe we can put our heads together to find a solution for you?

14. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The AI needs more than a tweak. An aggression slider would be great but that's only one problem. The AI needs more character.

Where are the spins and crashes? Those that happen now seem to be the result of poor AI logic at certain parts of a track rather than something that is intentional.

What about retirements? I've only seen one - at the Salzburgring - because the AI sometimes has trouble negotiating the tyre stacks at the first chicane resulting in a car-killing impact. As above, not an intentional thing, more of a rare bug.

Mechanical failures? Never happen.

Backmarker logic? Nope.

Sorry to sound like a broken record. I don't just want the AI to be competitive, I want it to feel alive.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Agree with Emerson. As I've stated a while ago, core, missing features are way more important than content (that we have in quite some substance now) so users can finally have a complete experience. Regarding the AI, yep it has to be upgraded and updated. More alive is the key word like James said. It would be cool to have different talent files for cars as well...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    That's okay, you made some excellent points! :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 0 / -0
    No!
    But i will pay full price in Vrp for a SAAB :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  18. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Ronin, I would love to trying your settings. Thanks
    But please guys, don't think that I didn't tried dozens of tweaks, and that my criticism is based only on personal taste.

And @James Cook , I couldn't find a better word about the AI: ALIVE

Has anyone ever heard about brazilian stock car before the GSCE? I doubt it. You see that even an obscure series, with all the core ingredients, can be successful.

We already have more than enough content to be great. (I would only agree with new tracks - Spa, Silverstone, Paul Ricard)

I just can't understand what happens, for example, with the GT3 series in this sim. ATM, it's the more exciting series out there. (in real life and in the sim world). The most raced in iRacing (road series), and the most desired in AC.

We have plenty of cars (more than anyone), plenty of amazing liveries, and thats all. The physics is still the old one. The races can't be longer than 60 minutes...no tyre or fuel strategies, etc, etc and etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jack Mitchell

Jack Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    The only issue I see with STCC and BTCC is the manufacturers - Both have a great number involved but theres always one or two with silly license issues which could really take away from it!

However, with Sector 3 mentioning single seaters before, I would personally, single handedly crowdfunded the development of this monster;
    [​IMG]
    The A1GP lola - The greatest racecar ever in the history of everything, ever.

:D:D:D:D:D

• Like Like x 1