Problem Detect Controllers not working

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Spadeychops, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Spadeychops

Spadeychops New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    New to Race Room and it's been frustrating experience so far... First, I had a mouse that consistently moved left, but managed to solve that issue...after several days!

Now, I click on Controller Settings from the main menu, I can see on the right had side of screen, various 'active devices' listed. My ID0 - Keyboard, ID-1 Aiogogs Handbrake, ID-2 HE Sim Pedals, ID-3 Steering Wheel (Leo Bodnar), ID-4 Ascher Button box. However; when I go and click on Controller Profiles and 'detect controllers', nothing is listed but the mouse and keyboard.

I have tried to unplug devices and plug them back in, but to-date no luck. Any ideas? It's been a bumpy ride getting this game to even this point and not yet managed to get out on track......

2. Spadeychops

Spadeychops New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply, but unfortnately I can only see my 'controllers' on the Controllers settings page (You cannot select anything from this page.....). If I then click on Profiles, only two are available by default. (Mouse and Keyboard). Looking at YouTube videos, I should be able to click on Detect Controllers button and my available controllers should be listed. (But mine are not). Therefore, the only options I can select are mouse or keyboard (neither of which are any good for me!). Problems, problems...

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Choose the keyboard preset and change a key binding, this will create a new preset.

4. Spadeychops

Spadeychops New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks both....
    BrunoB, apologies, I wasn't clear with hindsight. I couldn't select Keyboard or Mouse either... so I couldn't use any profile. However; I removed the game, re-installed - again sorted out my problem with the mouse pointer pulling left across the screen and hey-presto, your instructions then worked. Been zipping around a couple of tracks all afternoon. Quite impressed by the game, so thank you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Geniemaestro

Geniemaestro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I cant see my Xbox 360 controller on this game. Its not appearing as an option under the control sets. Ive tried re-installing the game as well. Works on other games though. Any advice or fix for this?

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Did you see it before?

Pick keyboard profile, bind all controls manually, then also set these:
    Analog interpolate sector1="1.4"
    Analog interpolate sector2="2.1"
    Analog interpolate sector3="2.2"
    Analog interpolate return multiplier="1.5"

If you then also attach your control profile .rsc file from Documents\My Games\Simbin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet I'll try and look why the game didn't see your gamepad. Not sure if vibration will work, but this file might also help to enable it.

7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    you can always check if it has been hijacked by steam controllers ; which can make it invisible sometimes to r3e ; if its in there just uncheck it

Andi