News DTM 2015 Virtual Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 11, 2015.

1. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Fixing that, Bence. Bear with me

edit: try again please

2. Bence Bánki

Bence Bánki Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your efforts, I'm patient.

3. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    I do not know, I asked today about you and RaceRoom apparently didn't receive it. I sent a mail now, waiting a bit to get an answer.
    Server still not live for the event while I try to get hold of RaceRoom.

4. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I delete the temporary files of the game(Documents\My Games\SimBin....).
    Crash Dumps
    ReplayData
    (RaceRoom Racing Experience)
    Log and ReplayTempFiles(in folder UserData)

Only the FILES , NOT FOLDERS!

5. Bence Bánki

Bence Bánki Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Sir, I can join the server now. I'm very grateful!

6. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if the entry list is full or not, but if yes, I offer my place for Tim.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. J-F Chardon

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Adam, but that won't be necessary.

We haven't managed to make contact with RaceRoom staff to approve / sign-off the solution so we are just going with it and hope for the best. We're adding Tim on top, so a 21 entries race tonight.

We did so after checking screenshots of the email conversation.

Seems with all the email reports we see in this thread that there have been some issues with emails lately...

Edited

8. bastoner97

bastoner97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    mmm pretty bad race, very unfortunate that Tim lost control in turn 1 and went into me lol, not is fault of course, too many kamikaze in those first 3 turns in my opinion, anyway i would end up like 10th so i was just slow (again lol). Good fight @Christian Zielke i really enjoyed that. Of course grats to Davide (ITALIAAA) and the other podium finishers, and great stuff @Tim Heinemann for the recovery :D

Can't wait to see the race with commentary :D

9. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Was surprised to get pole position but I made a mistake at exit of Turn 4 on the first lap and Davide got through. Grats to Davide, kept the pressure on him the whole race and got so so close on the last lap but was not meant to be :D.

I just want to know, is DRS limited?, I did not have it in the last 10 minutes at Zandvoort and I did not get it in the last 10 minutes for this race today.

Just want to point out also still waiting for VIP guest driver/s pretty please.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chris Sercombe

Chris Sercombe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    All of us watching on the stream were asking why he not useing his DRS :)

11. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Yeah we was wondering why nobody where using DRS and u Heat and saw it in the stream that heiko and me was confused .

12. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed that DRS was disabled also. In the last 5 minutes, I worked off the gap to @bastoner97 , sometimes I was less then in a second - and yeah, that's my luck, DRS disabled. :D

By the way, nice race. I'm just still wondering what happened in the first lap. :eek: For today my aim was to finish the race and having a constant pace - sucessfully managed to execute both. :) (And I'm quite happy that I've got the 10th fastest lap on the race, which was 5-6 tenths of a second faster then my qualifying lap, lol. :D)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gianfranco Giglioli

Gianfranco Giglioli New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    For me this was a 'Ghost' race 'cause i haven't see anyone for 2/3 of the race, i didn't know how i find myself eighth, i've just see the position and i pushed for finish the race in the points... Only in the end of the race i saw Kunze and Banki in front of me and Heinemann behind, but when I approached, them disappeared... Same thing with Tim, disappeared and reappeared. Really I didn't understand anything, maybe my PC didn't support the track or maybe my PC didn't support 21 Players... certainly my pc is very bad for play videogames, is a laptop, so isn't so good for play large files and i always have problem with this track online.. I hope at nurburgring does not behave the same, otherwise, it will be really impossible to fight for the upper tiers of the standings...
    P.S: I really didn't know what happened to Tim, i was in my race line, he try to pass and out of the curve i saw him turn around.. Booo

14. Davide Toccaceli

Davide Toccaceli Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Hi all! My first victory is something unbelievable! never expected to win in this race.. :) I hoped in Norisring but it went bad.. This time everything went well for me, regular pace with very few mistakes even if Jack was like a shadow for the whole race.. At this level if you are not 150% you can't fight for win and maybe not for 10th position too.. Crazy fast race, our best laps are in 0.5 gap, great! Of course sad for what happened in the first corners, but I want to congratulate myself with everybody who joined the race this evening! :) And above all congratulate with Jack, he made me slave away!! :D

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,509 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Gianfranco Giglioli

Gianfranco Giglioli New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Toccaceli Team Radio: "Destroyed... :D" hahahhahaha Grande Davide!!

Just a thing i want to say for the streaming commentators: @Sascha Brandenburg my last name to pronounce "Gighlioli" if you can't pronounce it in italian! hahahha my friends was laughing all the race hahahahha please, be spoken well the next time :p:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Yeah i will train that the next times. Everytime when i stay in front of a mirror i will train it i promise it !

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    First, gratulations to all the participants. Was a really pleasure for me to drive in such an outstanding grid!

Now it's my turn. The Qualifying run really good for me with P6. Did expected it tbh and set at the same time my pb there with it. But for me personally was important to see that I can confirm the good pace over more than one lap and I know my pace wasn't so bad for the race.
    The start of the race was like a surprise for me because of @Tim Heinemann suddenly don't move forward. I used this opportunity and jumped shortly to P4 but made a litte mistake and @Willy Windschatten dropped me back to P5.
    After this the race was running for me a bit more calm until ich had a collision with @Julian Kunze. Had breaked a little bit into the apex to turn 1 to avoid a slow down and he didn't expected it. But okay, something like this can happen.
    In direction of the final race part I had a nice fight with @Akos Kemeny, first I believe he got a slow down and I passed him to P4 but 2 laps later he used my little mistake at the exit of last corner and I dropped back to P5 - my final position after very exciting and intense 30m of racing!

Would like to add something out of my own interest. From the outside it is really difficult to estimate and understand why somebody didn't make easily a move or whatever. The main explanation is next to the human part for sure the setup.
    You'll never know how everybody chosed his way of direction in terms of balancing his/her car.
    Furthermore the result is different strenghts and weaks around a lap and exactly this is the key why racing is so exciting.

Enough spoken and greetings
    Jan

• Like Like x 2
  19. Davide Toccaceli

Davide Toccaceli Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Yes Gianfranco :D the only word I had in my mind at the end was 'destroyed' ahahaha they are still two races where I can't breath neither a second! :confused:
    In italian we would use two words to describe all of us when racing: we are 'cagnacci' or 'mastini' which means that we give our best and try everything is possible to reach our goal, that we are strong! ;) 'cagnaccio' is a quite bad word in italian, but becomes positive when speaking for a strong opponent! :p

• Like Like x 3
  20. bastoner97

bastoner97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I'm very happy to see that the broadcasters manage to record my battle with Zielke :D You see that i try to overtake him also in corners that aren't really good for overtaking, that's because i'm a "cagnaccio" too :p:p

• Like Like x 2