Bug Earthquake + severe lag with melting-asphalt bug

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ::SKRO::, Dec 13, 2015.

1. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    We held our 3rd Champ race tonight but sadly we were plagued by some "new" bug/glitches.

Severe Lag (mostly for all of the users connected).
    This was anticipated by a shaking cockpit view (earthquake like) that would last for 10-20 seconds followed by unbearable lag spikes

Engines dying without proper collision
    Happened at the beginning of the race to one of us. Appartenly he got hit by behind by someone (even tho the reply doesn't show anybody) and his engine stopped to work. Back to pits immediately... waste of week spent practicing

Nance crazy accident
    Check the video out... it self explains

@Sector 3 could you do anything for these kind of bugs? Maybe it was me but... it wasn't like this bad before

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that happened and at the same time this weird electric engine sound/ ringing noise. Very disappointing, trying to make a return to the champ. Oh well, moving on.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    What @::SKRO:: described happened at the end of our Qual. We had to restart it.
    After the restart once more at the end of the new Qual it started to lag a bit then stopped just before the race start.

I will upload here some example video of what I saw from my end. and with the director/spectator recording we got going

4. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what to say.... honestly speaking it looks like the netcode is getting worse.
    I remember better in-race connections and less bugs (aside the occasional hood-view and CTDs that appeared not so long ago btw).
    Now we have to deal with warping, ghost cars, lag spikes (it's actually double now when a player joins), and weird bugs like this one happened to James...
    It's already annoying for a casual race, but it's really frustrating and demotivating when that happens in Champ race after spending the week preparing and practicing...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I was booted from qually as the timer hit 0 and we went to the race :(

6. Bobby Edge

Bobby Edge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Between the earthquake / lag spikes, random individual bugs for each driver, etc. I'm left confused. There also seems to be a major FFB change and I can't get the "feel" back to what I had before - despite testing different settings.

I have all the other sims(besides DIRT/RF) and I'm very loyal to RRRE. It would be great to have at least one/some of these issues resolved. I'm hopeful they won't wreck our league racing that was already in season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  7. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    That sounds pretty bad.

To my knowledge the netcode has not been touched.
    However, that certainly doesn't rule out that there's some other new addition that is having bad effects on the rest of the game.

Do you guys have logs from these sessions? Including server logs?

8. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Bah, I literally just upgraded win 10 the morning after so no event log.

What log would you want from R3e client sessions?

@Tim Cannon @::SKRO:: @MeMotS I assume you guys have the server side stuff?

9. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Hey Hannes. I believe @MeMotS and @Tim Cannon could be of help with the logs. I'll PM them on Steam as well in case they haven't already taken a look at the forum
    Thanks

10. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to Sean Kenney for pointing me to this thread. We've had the same issues over the past 2 Sundays with full grids. Midweek when the grids are reduced to 10 - 18 it all seems fine, and is only since the update. Within 2 laps we had lost 6 drivers to lag or a dead engine. What was worse we had several new drivers joining us for their first go at online racing.

11. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Tim was hosting this one. @Tim Cannon should be able to give whatever file is needed.

• Like Like x 1