eSports WTCC - Important News and Updates

Discussion in 'Esports WTCC' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Apr 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    We now host a variety of practice servers:
    - eSports WTCC Quali Session is set up with 90 minutes of qualifying. Perfect for setup development and hotlaps. Password wtcc.
    - eSports WTCC Race Session is set up with two 20 minute races. Password wtcc.
    - eSports WTCC Open is set up for everyone, also with two 20 minute races. No password.

Please report asap if there are any technical difficulties with reverse grid or session swap.

Don't forget, you have to reply until tonight 00:00 GMT for the first round of grid invitations. No reply, no race.

2. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Second round of invitations sent out

3. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Servers are live

4. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Since I am expecting a few of these: Read the rulebook before sending in a report regarding the form and the cooldown time

5. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Watch the broadcast again:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Practice servers are back up. Password wtcc

7. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Invitations are sent out for Nordschleife.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Gridmails are sent. The passworded servers will be started tomorrow, so you can still use the practice servers today.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Apologies for the technical issues tonight. The broadcast team wasn't spared either.

What I want is that everyone who experienced an issue sends their log files to competition@raceroom.com , so we can investigate what happened there.

10. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 4
  11. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    It came to our attention that the Portimao cutrules are "a bit" forgiving in some corners.
    - For the leaderboard, it is what it is. You have to use the explots.
    - For the races, the following ruleset will be used: 2 wheels on track all the time, kerbs count as track.
    - I have now started going through all tracks on the calendars (AMG/WTCC) and report it to Sector 3. Still, some corners will slip my attention. If you know track limits errors on upcoming tracks, report it to competition@raceroom.com

• Like Like x 1
  12. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Important updates:
    - For the future rounds, we will use the WTCC 2017 skins. You will be assigned a new livery when you qualify for the next race, but you keep the same manufacturer. There are no BoP changes or performance differences between 2016 and 2017.
    - The standings and race results of the multiplayer races are now available in the portal. See the tabs MP Results and MP Standings here: http://game.raceroom.com/championships/12 (there are some small bugs but they will be fixed ASAP)
    - We will stream on Facebook and YouTube from the next round onwards. That should mean a significant increase in viewership.
    - Track limits for all future rounds after Portimao have been updated to the standard of Hungaroring.
    - The cause for several players having issues at the Nordschleife were memory allocation issues. Sorry for that! It is fixed.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Invitations for Portimao have been sent.

The track limits for the multiplayer race will be that 2 wheels have to be on the track or the kerb (red and white) at all times, in qualifying and in race. It is the driver's responsibility to make sure they drive a legal line.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Practice servers open again! Quali and Race practice server with password wtcc + 2x open server.

15. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Make sure to send me a confirmation e-Mail if you want to race. The time ends tonight 0:00 GMT.

16. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    The driving standards that have been shown in both races have been absolutely unacceptable.
    We have a great oppurtunity here, to do an official championship with the WTCC, and some drivers risk this oppurtunity by just caring about their own results and not about fairness and sportsmanship. I think some drivers need a wake up call here. I don't want to see this bullshit again in any future races. I recommend to all drivers to read the rulebook again and use the report system. If I ever see this behaviour again, we will stream Division 3 and 4.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    I want to create some interviews and articles about you! The drivers!

Therefore I am mainly interested in two things: First of all, pictures from you when you are driving in your home racing rigs, office chairs, whatever. Bonus points if you have a RaceRoom seat!

Second thing is interesting stories. Of course I am interested in the Division 1 big favourites, but it ultimately doesn't matter if you drive on the streams or not: If you have a cool story to tell which is about RaceRoom, simracing or the WTCC, I want to hear it and I want to bring it to our and the WTCCs website and social media channels.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    After reviewing the incidents with the steward's team, I want to set a few things straight here.

When you are off the track, no matter if it is your fault or not, you have to be careful when you re-enter the circuit. I have seen lots of incidents this season which are just caused by drivers being too eager to re-enter the track and then they just drive into other, uninvolved drivers and cause more incidents throughout the grid.
    This has to stop. This is completely unacceptable. And we have been penalizing these scenes consistently throughout the season, I am shocked that there are still so many incidents of this sort that are happening throughout the grid.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    There is now a field called "Team" in your ingame driver profile. Please fill it out.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Invitations have been sent for Round 5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.