eSports WTCC - Round 5: Spa-Francorchamps - Review

Discussion in 'Esports WTCC' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Jul 10, 2017.

?

Who was your hero of the Spa-Francorchamps event?

1. Alexander Dornieden

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. David Nagy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Gergo Baldi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Márk Nándori

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Jan Stange

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    The virtual racers of the eSports WTCC went to Spa-Francorchamps for the fifth round of the season. The event started with an action-packed race in Division 2. Polesitter Nicola Guarini was unlucky once again, and was spun again in the first corner. The first position seemed to be cursed, as Stefan Fritsch and Michael Heyman lost control of their cars in short succession. Tamas Jager inherited the lead, and he managed to stay consistent. Towards the end of the race, Manuel Alves and Dariusz Wielgosz caught up a lot, but Jager kept a cool head and brought home the victory.

[​IMG]

The qualifying for Division 1 started off with Gergo Baldi setting a track record on his first flying lap. His time would not get beaten in the entire session, although championship leader Alexander Dornieden came very close. At the start of the race, David Nagy moved up into 2nd, and a race-long battle between the top 3 started. Nagy passed Baldi into Les Combes on Lap 3, and Dornieden moved into 2nd immediately afterwards. Nagy's mirrors were filled with the white and grey Honda of Dornieden, and just after the halfway mark, Nagy cracked under the pressure and made a mistake into Les Combes, allowing Dornieden through. The German held the lead and scored his second victory of the year, ahead of Nagy and Baldi. Tim Heinemann finished in 4th position after a consistent performance ahead of Jan Stange, Kevin Siggy Rebernak and Márk Nándori. Newcomer Kévin Leaune was 8th, ahead of Adam Pinczes and routineer Dirk Knatz, who clinched his first point of the season and the pole position for the reverse grid second race.

[​IMG]

Pinczes and Nándori immediately passed Knatz's red and white Chevrolet at the start of the race, and Pinczes didn't defend against his teammate into Les Combes. Further back, Heinemann and Baldi collided in Pouhon, while the Impact Racing drivers Dornieden and Stange charged through the grid. Dirk Knatz drove very carefully and allowed Leaune, Stange and Dornieden through on lap 2. Leaune was the next victim of the German duo and lost his podium place, while Rebernak and Butcher, who had a fantastic start, were catching up behind and passed Leaune as well later on. Heinemann's event meanwhile went from bad to worse, as he was involved in two incidents, with the Citroens of Bánki and Butcher, and eventually retired, while the Citroens also lost a lot of ground.

[​IMG]

Towards the end of the race, Dornieden had caught up to Pinczes and with three laps to go, he lined up a clean pass on the exit of Bus Stop. Stange immediately followed him through in La Source, with Pinczes dropping down to fourth. A bit further behind, Leaune and Nagy stunned the audience with a fair battle, including going two-wide through Eau Rouge. Dornieden meanwhile had his eyes set on Nándori, but time was running out and he couldn't catch the Hungarian, who scored his second win of the championship ahead of Dornieden and Stange. The battle for fourth was decided on the last lap, when Pinczes and Rebernak made contact in Stavelot, with Rebernak dropping down to tenth. Nagy was fifth ahead of Leaune, with Thomas Stempurszki, Klaus Schulze, Cristian Moisescu and Rebernak rounding out the top 10.

[​IMG]

Half of the season has been completed, and Alexander Dornieden has extended his championship lead ahead of Stange and Nándori. The next race is at the Slovakiaring, on August 6th. If you have missed the action, make sure to watch the race replay here:

German Stream (RRVGT):

French Stream (Maxou):

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. Kévin Leaune

Kévin Leaune Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I really like this first experience Online on R3R!

Congratulations to you !

I would be present the rest of the championship :)

• Like Like x 3
  3. Nicola Guarini

Nicola Guarini New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    And my list of rammer has been extended ...

1- Gerald Whyley (Nordschleife)
    2- Manuel Alves (Portimao)
    3- Michael Heyman (Spa)

In this race, as in Portimao, I finally got the speed needed to get my first podium in div2, but i don't give up, at this point, I will have to try again to Slovakiaring... division 1 is unreachable for me, otherwise I would have tried...

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    First thanks for having me and congrats to podium.
    Sadly for me 2 races to quickly forget. Qualy was ok knowing that i could have done better but p20 was fine.

Race 1, i stall slightly at the start but only lose 2 positions. Then coming out of Eau rouge all was well, but in Raidillion i get hit in the right rear.. o_O
    My car was facing the wrong way and had to let everyone pass..
    Managed to win 7 spots by cars crashing out :) But it was a lonesome race sparing my energy for Race 2..

Race 2 a good start winning 2 positions but the drama continued as in coming out of turn 1, once again i get hit and the car is facing the wrong way cause of the heavy smash.. Once again dead last, came back and won several spots but i wasn't concentrating anymore and spun in Eau Rouge lap 3-4..

The only positive for me was that i was able to qualify for the races.
    The experience yesterday was dissapointing with so much contact.. :pensive: I think everyone making it into these races (especially div 1/2 has a certain level of capabilities which should show in more "harmonious and sportive" racing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Andrés Mesa

Andrés Mesa New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi everybody and congrats to podium.

Bad races for me at this great track that is Spa.

I want to say sorry to Kévin Leaune. Race 1 lap 2 after a few corners side by side you took the front and then I pushed you out coming out of turn 15, I should have lifted a bit there, sorry man.

Also sorry to Nandori for forcing that side by side entering Pouhon (Race 1 Lap 2), not a very smart move there. BUT before that, in that lap, you cut the Raidillon and drove it in straight line and i'm pretty sure it was on purpose...

In terms of the quality of the server this race felt very good from my view.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gerald Whyley

Gerald Whyley Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    If you have a grivance about a race put in a protest..and flaming other players is a no no ..

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Kévin Leaune

Kévin Leaune Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    No problem :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nicola Guarini

Nicola Guarini New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Lol... until now I didn't know that one could protest the incidents of the races, I thought that all the race judges...
    Thanks for the info ;)