[FIXED] 25% performance drop with new update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jay Smizzle, Mar 31, 2015.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Got massive stutter with shadows on on medium quality and medium shader quality (but overall performance does not drop fps-wise) - more than before it seems. As on low resolution the shadows still look fuzzy and distorted (which makes the grafics appear like I´m on 1024 res instead of 1920 :D) I switched them off again (=60FPS)...For more guess I`ll have to wait till next hardware upgrade on my side...though the whole shadow thing seems to consume way more performance than neccessary actually...

2. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    shadows, reflections and AA usually do that. Is a general problem. More visual quality = NEED.MORE.POWA. :D

I agree lower settings this days don't necessarily need to mean "blocky".

That being said, I don't know your specs (although you seem you're wating for an upgrade :D ), so it can be a perf issue between shadows settings, ofc

3. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    It actually varies from game to game BUT with RRE (or Racingsims in general) one has to take a demanding physics engine into account, I guess....

4. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    R3E is not the most demanding on the CPU (where the physics run) compared to other sims. Much more on the GPU as far as I can tell.
    Actually not that much info on that and what is/is not (yet) simulated although one can take some wild/educated guesses. Not even the physics tick rate. But I digress with a bit of rant.

5. Peter

Peter New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i use a 5820k and a gtx 980.same Problem.

6. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Just came to my mind: Is someone with 16GB Ram (& a decent rig) and relatively high settings experiencing gfx stutter ? I "only" have 8GB (Win 7 /64), which might be too less....I´m not worried about the performance of my machine btw. but more about the unfinished (sometimes strange & strangely behaving) look of all dynamic shadows in RRE....recently I tried it out again for single racing with higher settings (and 50 FPS) but I really don`t like it....not a big thing (still beta) as I `m confident more gfx updates will follow...

7. Keith(Jersey)Horner

Keith(Jersey)Horner Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Next day all was fixed. Haven't had a problem since that post.

8. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    16gb ram
    290 AMD
    i5 4690k

Definitely stuttering.

9. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    16GB at what speed? Haswell CPU's are much more "interconnected" with RAM so at least use 1844Mhz memories. It is not the first case I've seen this and It was proven correct before. Just saying.

Anyway, I tried yesterday the RUF GT2 but the car movement is more than I can handle. I had do quit before I threw up. So stuttering is something I will not notice anyway :D
    I hope this is cured fast enough. Some car / track combos are impossible for me to ride. And off-road is 10x worse.

10. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    345.20 drivers its god

11. Peter

Peter New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Driver 345.20 does not change anything on my system.
    still low frames on some circuits and shadows must be turned off.
    on tree passages at salzburg-ring also frames go down.

12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I get the same issue on Salburg with r9 290x. I think ive found some universally smooth settings that look great too. Basically choose "High" video settings, then set track track level of detail to Low. This runs smooth on all tracks and looks great.

....now i just need to learn to drive!!!