Problem From one day to the other Raceroom stopped working

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Lino Carreira, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, will send the logs as soon as i can.

2. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    i have tried to send the logs and info but the webpage when i press send doesnt say if i suceeded or not... ill post the logs here also anyway :/

Attached Files:

3. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
  4. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Just took a look through the logs you attached here and there is nothing indicative of any errors in them. Did you check the Event viewer in Windows?

5. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Erm, what am i suposed to check there ?

6. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    I'm just gonna copy my reply from the last page:

As the game is not crashing and producing any crash dumps, we might need to look into the Microsoft Event Viewer to see if it catches anything of this issue.

To start the Event Viewer, just open the start menu and start typing "Event Viewer" into the search field. It should show up fairly quickly. Once you've started the program you'll see that it is divided into three different sections. In the left-most section you'll see a list of folders. First, click the arrow next to the "Windows Logs" folder to expand that hierarchy. In the sub-set of icons that appears, click the Application icon. This will show you a list, in the middle section of the program, of the events that Windows has recorded for different running applications. Looks for any who are labeled error or warning on the date and time when you experienced this issue.

If you find any such error, select it in the list and look at the bottom half of the middle section of the program. In this section a description will be shown. Click the "Details" tab and copy-paste or take a screenshot of the information in there and send it to us.

If you do not find any such errors or warnings in the Windows>Application section, you can also check under Custom views>Administrative events.

7. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    The only error i have on event viewer is this

- System
    -
    Provider
    [ Name] Application Error
    - EventID 1000
    [ Qualifiers] 0
    Level 2
    Task 100
    Keywords 0x80000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2015-04-28T21:52:40.000000000Z
    EventRecordID 48641
    Channel Application
    Computer DESKTOP-SIMS
    Security
    -
    EventData
    igfxCUIService.exe
    5376e21a
    igfxCUIService.exe
    5376e21a
    c0000005
    000000000000ec68
    e8c
    01d081fda58d43d1
    C:\Windows\system32\igfxCUIService.exe
    C:\Windows\system32\igfxCUIService.exe
    e382330a-edf0-11e4-a1df-d8cb8a140ede

I believe this is something related to the integrated graphic card, somehting im not even using ..

8. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Another symptom is on launcher when i have the 3440x1440 resolution selected when i move the mouse over the buttons, the animation behind on the experiences freezes momentarly, this doesnt happen when in 2560x1080... go figure whats happening :/ really pissed now..

9. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Reading up on the error with that igfxCUIService.exe, it does indeed look like some error with Intel HD Service. From what I can gather from different trouble-shooting sites it can happen to desktop computers running dedicated graphics cards as well.

No-one seems to find a definitive solution, but I'll link you to the pages I checked so you can see the discussion around it:
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2209160/crashes-gaming-onboard-graphics-related.html
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e/5eaed2a3-0af3-4273-8f83-c97b44e6d8c8?page=1
    https://communities.intel.com/message/256433

10. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Ive seen those and tbh i have no issue with that, aparently its the GUI that is failing to load for the integrated graphics card, nevertheless this never prevented the launcher from working in a specific resolution. may i ask if theres some key component in the launcher that i might have updated or changed that may be causing this ? Is the launcher using some tech like flash or java or waht not , i ask this because i have uninstaled all that i can think of and reisntaled again and dont know what else to do next.. and wouldnt like to be forced to play a game that costed me so much money ( didnt do the math but its expensive , worth it though when it works ) at the wrong resolution...

dont want to break my system that is working flawlessly for every other sim out there ( AC,PCars,rFactor2,GSCE,LFS,etc.. ) because of this....

11. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well nothing else on event viewer and no NVIDIA driver is not stopping at all.. so do i give up on this ?

12. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Is that integrated video card disabled in BIOS? What about disabling it in windows?

13. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well as you might imagine is already disabled in windows, if you mean the service, it isnt doing any harm... except for that punny error... anyway this doesnt fix my issue...

14. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Since an image is worth 1000 Words i leave a small video of my problem here :

Btw when the image on the video goes beserk with the stripes ingame im just seeing all black, its while loading. So i dont see nothing of that. Guess its just Shadowplay that doesnt like whatever its beeing done at that point.
    Also to note the problem on menus in 21:9 ratio, but i guess that one you all aware by now...

Last edited: May 1, 2015
  15. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if this will help but I was just helping a friend with a different but graphic related issue (his cameras were all jacked up in game). We did the verify cache and messed with settings but I finally had him delete the My Documents>Games>SimBin>RaceRoom Racing Experience folder. You probably want to move the folder or rename it instead just in case it doesn't help at all.
    When you start the game again it will rebuild that folder and you will need to reset and remap everything again but you can quickly set it to 3440x1440 and see if it works before going through all that work again.

16. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Already did all that m8. tx for the help anyway..

17. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    its been more then a week now ... supose no Dev has an ideia ?

18. oops

oops Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    @Lino Carreira, I have the very same problem, I have just bought an LG 34" wide screen monitor,Like you I get 3440x1440 in every game but the best I can get in race room is 2560x1080, very strange!

19. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    The funny thing is that it was working on that resolution, i have no clue what changed .... Not glad you are having the same problem but at least it seems im not alone on this boat so maybe they will take a serious look at it....

Hope they do since this game in terms of money is already way behond a triple AAA game price... its not as i wish it would in terms of development but at least i hope what it does at least... works..

20. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    If it was working before I am sure it will work again. Give em some time and make sure you both submit a help desk ticket,

• Like Like x 1