From Pro pack to Premium pack?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael L, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, I'm new to r3e and absolutely love it (coming from AC and LFS). last week I bought the Pro pack. The price was US$60 (5000 vrp) for Pro and $120 (10000 vrp) for Premium.
    Today, I tried to buy Premium and it only removed 25% for the Pro pack that I already own, giving me a price of 7500 vrp. Shouldn't I expect it to remove 50% so I'll pay 5000 vrp because that's the difference between the 2? I'm confused.
    Thank you.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi Michael,

glad you enjoy the game so far.

Regarding packs and discounts:
    Pro Pack isn't the exact half of the Premium Pack. Pro contains 31 cars and 13 tracks whereas Premium currently contains 166 cars and 47 tracks.
    When you own Pro and put Premium in your cart those 31 cars and 13 tracks are removed from the list. The rest of the cars and tracks (135 cars, 34 tracks) get put into the basket and then the Premium discount of 91% gets applied.

If you consider buying Premium now, I would suggest to check out https://www.raceroomstore.com/us/list_page?cat=24
    You can buy vRP in advance at a bulk discount there. If you buy the 7500vRP you need for Premium from there, you can get the rest of the currently available content for $50. vRP bought from raceroomstore will be sent to you via e-mail as a redeem code.

Hope this has made things a bit more trransparent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Christian. I did buy vrp and used it to buy the Pro pack last week. I think I understand what you said. The packs are being discounted differently, even thought they are sold at exactly 5000 vrp (Pro) vs 10000 vrp (Premium) so I can't expect to "upgrade" from Pro to Premium by paying 5000 vrp, is that correct?

I just checked, it's 7550 vrp to "upgrade" from Pro to Premium for me so it's slightly over the $50 vrp :)

That's ok. Thanks again for your input. Appreciate it.

4. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    Price is reduced according to how many items you already have, not how much you spend. For example, you dont get free premium after spending 10k vrp in the shop (lets say for buying ~20-30 separate items)

5. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. The pricing is a little confusing but I think I got it now :)

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that's what actually happens. I've never been involved in these processes so this is just me guessing, but I think the publishers just decided that these would (have to) be the prices for those packs and then whatever was or is in them gets discounted accordingly.
    If you open the packs page on the portal it even shows the discounts which are applied for each: https://game.raceroom.com/store/packs/