Problem Gsync is not working.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by tifosi79, Jan 1, 2018.

1. tifosi79

tifosi79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For some reason Gsync is not getting enabled while playing Race Room. I have Gsync enabled in NVCP and I also have the Gsync Indicator enabled in NVCP. Also, in NVCP under Manage 3D Settings => Program Settings => Race Room.exe I have Maximum pre-rendered frames at 1 and Vsync OFF. I noticed that no matter what change I make in that Program Settings section the Restore button on the upper right side stays grayed out. With other games when I make any changes here the Restore button gets light up indicating that a change took place and that I could reverse that change to default by clicking the button. In game Vsync is also OFF by the way.

I tried running the 32-bit version and the 64-bit version and neither one works with Gsync. With iRacing, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Automobilista and Project Cars 2 Gsync works without issues. How do I know?

1. The Gsync Indicator shows up on the left screen.
    2. The gameplay is buttery smooth. It is unreal how smooth they run.

With Race Room:

1. The Gsync Indicator doesn't show up.
    2. The gameplay is not smooth at all.

I don't know how long this has been an issue since I just recently started playing a lot of Race Room since the Triple Screen function was released.

My system:
    Windows 10 Home 64bit version 1709 OS Build 16299.125
    i7 6700K at 4.7ghz
    GTX 1080ti with latest Nvidia driver 388.71
    16gb RAM
    Triple Dell Gsync Monitors.

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The correct file is RRRE64.exe

3. tifosi79

tifosi79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know. It doesn't work.

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure your game is set to fullscreen?

5. tifosi79

tifosi79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am 200% sure. I am pretty sure the issue is that NVCP is not interacting with the RRRE64.exe. The reason just like I posted at the top is because even after making any changes like for example changing Maximum pre-rendered frames to 1 doesn't light up the Restore button on the top right. The Restore button stays grayed out no matter how many things I change. With all the other games every time I make a change no matter which the Restore button gets light up.

I already tried deleting and reinstalling the latest nvidia drivers. I also tried the previous two drivers. I also re-installed Race Room. Nothing makes Gsync work with this game.

6. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
  7. tifosi79

tifosi79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I haven't tried that. I will now.

8. tifosi79

tifosi79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It didn't work. In Inspector I selected the Race Room profile RRRE64.exe. I only change a few settings under the Sync and Refresh section. Frame Rate Limiter to 138 fps, Maximum pre-rendered frames to 1 and Vertical Sync to Force off. I hit Apply Changes and then started Race Room. No Gsync.

Are you guys actually using Gsync? Can you see the Gsync indicator on the left screen?

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. rauf00

rauf00 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've just tried, no problem with G-sync in single monitor setup, tomorrow i'll check triple and let you know.

10. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Any news on it? Iracing and AMS2 is working with Gsync in windowed borderless mode. Raceroom with same settings only in windowed border mode. Not borderless and not fullscreen. Tried everything I know. Steam integrity check, new graphic options.xml and so on. Now window border mode is by far the smoothest experience but the border….

11. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It's working fine here in fullscreen mode. Which FPS rates are you seeing with Gsync enabled?

12. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    It’s all the time the 165 FPS coming to my 165hz monitors. Raceroom is delivering something between 80 an 150. Depends on the scenario.

13. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I don't quite understand, if your game runs at 80 FPS, how can your graphics card put out 165 FPS then? That sounds more like a messed up driver configuration.

14. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    No, monitor shows 165 pictures per second. It’s not synchronized, even when Gsync is enabled. It’s only working in bordered window mode.

15. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Did you enable Gsync for windowed mode in your driver settings? You could try setting it to fullscreen only.

16. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Tried both

17. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The only other things that come to my mind are the usual Windows settings, for example disabling game mode, DPI scaling or fullscreen optimizations for the exe.

18. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Ok. I will try this out. Hopefully with a Chance. If not… well… then I will drive without Gsync.