GT Legends

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by big metal fan, Jan 22, 2016.

1. big metal fan

big metal fan Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I just booted this up in earnest two days ago and I'm hooked. 11 years old and it's fun as hell. In the "Car Wishlist" thread, basically most of my choices are found in GT Legends. We need Lotus Cortinas!

If anyone plays it, and wants to multiplayer with me, message me and let me know.

• Like Like x 3
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Really? I tried it a few months back and was surprised at how badly it had aged. Perhaps I didn't give if a proper chance but aren't most of the cars locked to start with? Tbh I just couldn't be arsed with it

3. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Of course you can unlock every thing.

4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Unlock ALL Tracks and Cars

Using Windows Notepad create an empty file named 'TG2001.DYN' (without the quotes) in your GTL installation direction. Whenever you now create new profiles ALL tracks and cars will be unlocked from the start.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    From the Simbin-era games it's the last I bought and the one I least often launch. It's not bad or anything, it's just that Power & Glory v3 exists, with all the historically accurate cars and all the GTR2 features that GTL lacks. If I'm feeling like racing vintage cars I simply have a go in that.
    Still, there are a lot of great mods for it (best IMO is all the work from the Brickyard Legends Team) that aren't available for the other sims.

6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I booted it a while back and could not get the triple screen resolution to work properly.
    Or was it Gtr1
    hmm. I got to get back at that

7. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Still fire it up occasionally and enjoy it. It's true that it may be overshadowed by P & G but it has a charm of its own.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. RacingManiac

RacingManiac Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I can't find the disc anymore, but that was my favorite Simbin era game. Spent ages lapping the Porsche 911 RSR and the Alfa

9. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I would love to but since I got Win 10 it is not compatible I've tried but it refused to start up :(

10. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I'll give it a go and try to make it work one more time.. ..hmm o_O

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Well I got it working again :D yeeii!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    How?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Uninstal it go and delete all drawers the game made even the one in documentary everything... reinstall the game then do not start it up when done only start graphich seting do that to your liking.. then in the installed directory find the -exe file rightklick open preferences and pick combatebility chose it to start with compatebility for Vista... save seting...

Then before I started I did this to....
    And then I started it up and it worked perect :D and all cars and tracks was unlocked after creating new profile seting upp wheel and all keys :D