Bug GT3 car selection (Porsche)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by BoKoSimRacer, Jul 14, 2021.

1. BoKoSimRacer

BoKoSimRacer New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello All,
    This is a weird one.
    I own all cars except for the newest WTCR 2020. If I am in the sim and pick car category GT3 and scroll all the way to the right, there are two Porsche GT3 entries. One has the additional (2019). If I pick the other one - I assume this is from a previous year - I see Porsche GT3 cars with different liveries (from the 2019 set) for example Sabine Schmitz' car.
    However all those cars have a big icon on it (BUY NOW - 25% OFF). When I click it tells me - nothing to buy.
    Sure I own them, but I cannot drive any of those, in other words they cannot be selected.

Any ideas?

Greatly Appreciated.

Cheers.

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    That (older) Porsche was withdrawn from sale when the 2019 was released.

3. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it can't be bought anymore, but it's still listed in couple of places because people who got it when it was available can still use it, and they can buy the liveries for it.

4. BoKoSimRacer

BoKoSimRacer New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OK. Thank you for responding. But please read my post again:
    The cars in question have their own category in the pick list screen of the game not the store page.
    However, those cars can no longer be picked to drive.
    Even though the 2019 may have replaced them on the sales page, I should still be able to drive one of them, no?

Cheers.

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    You can buy cars from the game too, without visiting the store. That's why it shows all the cars available in the game and even puts "sales" stickers on them.

I assume you bought the Premium pack, right? If you bought it after the old 911 R was made unavailable, it means you do not own this car so you can't drive it.

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Really, why don't they fix it... Is it really so hard to create an exception for this one car and hide it from "Select your car" list for those who don't own the car? Or is it deemed unimportant even though there are countless threads created on this exact issue?

7. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    It is a bug, it's on the list, there's no fix yet, it does appear to be a difficult one, it's definitely not deemed as unimportant.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BoKoSimRacer

BoKoSimRacer New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for confirming.
    Needed that to make sure I am not 'seeing' things.
    This bug list - is that public? That would be neat. This way the same bug would not be posted here and there ten times over.

Cheers.